Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » index.fld
  •  
maxreefer

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I use to forward all my custumers' spam into an aditional account to check if it's right or wrong.
I usually have got like 1500 spam and 5 ham per day.
Here is the problem:after the check i take the 5 ham mails and put them into the corresponding account folder and then delete the relative index.fld file.
When the user connects to Kerio (pop3 or webmal) i see into Kerio logs the warning for the recreation of index.fld (with some eventual problem like flags).
Ok .... is this the only way to do that? How can i know how important are flags for my costumer?
Here is part of a generic index.fld:
U0000071c F80000041 S7899 D44475d27 M444c95e3 I0003 P0 CIPM.Note
U0000071d F80000001 S5330 D44478483 M444c95e3 I0002 P0 CIPM.Schedule.Meeting.Request
U0000071e F80000041 S2843 D44479ee9 M444c95e3 I0003 P0 CIPM.Note
U0000071f F80000041 S11732 D4447b6f0 M444f9029 I0003 P0 CIPM.Note
U00000720 F80000003 S278940 D4448204e M444f2bf2 I0003 P0 CIPM.Note
U00000721 F80000001 S157973 D444887c2 M444f2c11 I0002 P0 CIPM.Note

What about "Schedule.Meeting.Request"? deleted as well?
any solution?
  •  
teco

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think you take the messages which are OK out of the "Spam Check Account" and copy them directly to the user inbox (with deleting the index.fld afterwards).

That's simply dangerous and nonsens because you could lose messages by doing this.

Do as follows and all is save:

Send the non spam messages to the correct receiver by using the "forwarding" function of your mailclient or webmail.

Also it is possible to use IMAP and create all user accounts on one machine and on one email clients (Netscape, Thunderbird or whatever you like). Than you can move the messages savely from one account to another.

btw. in Germany you would get in deep trouble with your kind of handling spam. Our privacy law (based on Europeen law which is also valid in italy) does not allow this kind of email handling. Manipulation of email accounts directy to add messages is simply a privacy violation and additional to german tax law a tax violation.... You could be happy to be in italy...
  •  
maxreefer

Of course you are 100% right about privacy question (no matter if you are here in italy or elsewhere) but if you have customers you can understand that sometimes we act in accordance with them to improve the services.
I mean that they complaint about having too much spam and at the same time they get angry if some mails are deleted as false positives.
think for example about having 300 accounts, nobody use neither webmail nor KOC so they won't check mails as spam, using pop3 they don't want to download all the mails even if they are marked as spam. So i have to delete spam instead of move to Spam folder, and what if an importat mail with thousands euro order goes deleted?
Yes, probably i could just forward the mail but i consider a non elegant way to deliver a mail from my accout (or whatever account) instead of real one.

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=32673&S =3fff28b42562a487b976092681fbc417&srch=index.fld#msg_326 73 about Index.fld cancellation.

thanx for the reply Teco (you probably agree with me that in italy we got bigger problem than spam: read Berlusc...)
  •  
maxreefer

No Message Body

[Updated on: Thu, 04 May 2006 16:34]

•  
teco

Quote:

think for example about having 300 accounts, nobody use neither webmail nor KOC so they won't check mails as spam, using pop3 they don't want to download all the mails even if they are marked as spam. So i have to delete spam instead of move to Spam folder, and what if an importat mail with thousands euro order goes deleted?

Have your tried to bring them all to IMAP?
I have told my customer that on IMAP instead of using POP3 local inside the company they would save money (I don't need to check spam because they can see the junk mail folder) and that it is more save because all mails are stored on the server. If a client crashs nothing get lost.

300 Accounts are to much to place them as imap to one client. You would loose the overview about them.
  •  
giampos

maxreefer wrote on Thu, 04 May 2006 16:25

thanx for the reply Teco (you probably agree with me that in italy we got bigger problem than spam: read Berlusc...)

In italian......for Maxreefer

"Tranquillo Max che ora risolvono tutto Bertin..., Mast....D'ale....Pro.....Pecor....Dilib.....ecc.....!"

•  
maxreefer

teco wrote on Fri, 05 May 2006 10:00

Quote:

Have your tried to bring them all to IMAP?
I have told my customer that on IMAP instead of using POP3 local inside the company they would save money (I don't need to check spam because they can see the junk mail folder) and that it is more save because all mails are stored on the server. If a client crashs nothing get lost.

300 Accounts are to much to place them as imap to one client. You would loose the overview about them.

It could works but it would lead me to store everithing on my server with 2 problems:
1)Disk space <--- this is not a real big problem
2)backup everything (GB of emails) <--- i don't want to have responsability for all the emails of my customers, they have to take care about that. I used to say them "I'm a mail server not storage"

Quote:

maxreefer wrote on Thu, 04 May 2006 16:25

In italian......for Maxreefer

"Tranquillo Max che ora risolvono tutto Bertin..., Mast....D'ale....Pro.....Pecor....Dilib.....ecc.....!"

In italian for Giampos
Finalmente qualche italiano!
  •  
teco

OK, I see.. you are acting as a service provider not as a freelancer for network administration.

The only thing I can do for you is to wish "Good luck"...
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

POP3 has no concepts of folders, which is why you have this problem. There is no 'Junk Mail' folder to send mail to.

POP3 is really 1980s technology; if there is any way to get off it and onto IMAP, you really should do it.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
maxreefer

To Teco:
thanx for wishes...Yes i'm definitely acting as a service provider.
ByTheWay:I asked to my "privacy manager" about what i do with spam and He assures me that is totally legal to check spam emails as it's intended as a security/optimization related job.

To Kerio_jthomas:
as i said in last post, i don't want to push my customers to IMAP cause it would force me to take care of them email' backup.
Previous Topic: Pravidlo na vyu¸ití X-Envelope-To ?
Next Topic: log files - deficient?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 03:00:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00476 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.