Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Rules & behavior change - after update from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3
  •  
blackbox

Send a private message to this user
Sometime after upgrading from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 my rules seem to have started misbehaving.

For instance, I have a rule that’s supposed to move messages received from a particular domain to a specific folder.

(if address :all :contains "From" "<_at_>domain.com" { fileinto "domainfolder";})

What the rule seems to do now is not move the message as its previous behavior would dictate, but copy the message, leaving duplicate messages that have to be manually cleaned up.

This problem appears inside outlook as well as when using the web interface. Other users on our domain have experienced this same issue, while other users have no problem.

I'm planning on updating to the newest build, and hopefully this will fix the problem.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this particular behavior and if so, was any viable solution discovered?

•  
tymiyr

I am also having this issue, can support please respond?
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Support is answering tickets sent to http://support.kerio.com.

Did you submit one?

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
blackbox

I have not submitted a ticket. I figured the appropriate course of action would be querying the forum first, then if left empty handed, submit a ticket.

•  
tymiyr

I have narrowed the issue to a conflict between a blackberry rule and a “move to folder” rule.

If you have the Blackberry Rule set to "Keep in Inbox" and another rule to move the same message to another folder, the message then copies itself into the other folder, and a copy remains in your inbox. If you deselect the "Keep in Inbox" option, the issue resolves itself. However it will also forward all messages without leaving a copy in your inbox, if you do not have a rule to move them somewhere else. It is a strange predicament, delete the extra copies or don’t use my blackberry.

I am unsure of how to pursue this, is it a bug, or is it working as intended? As it is now, I cannot use move to rules in conjunction with the Black Berry rule.

I am only posting this here so everyone can benefit from the information, I have sent this info to blackbox, should I open a ticket as well, or is there a work around someone can post?

Tym
  •  
blackbox

Tymiyr is exactly right,

If I have my BlackBerry rule set up as per the Kerio instructions: ( http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=228) any subsequent rules referencing “fileinto” will not work, as the message was already instructed to “keep”.

I’ve tried seeing if changing the priority of the rules would help, no such luck.

Ticket ID: DOX-300868
Previous Topic: Drafts behaving strangely
Next Topic: Chinese Characters in the subject line
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:38:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.