Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage mail import problem
  •  
huwmac

Send a private message to this user
Hi wonder if any of you guys can advise on the following please.

I've got 6 Entourage 2001 users (Mac) who will shortly be having new computers running Entourage 2004. How can I easily (or otherwise) transfer their existing mail to the new IMAP accounts on the new machines. I had thought I'd setup an account on the old entourage 2001 machines and drag and drop onto the IMAP account but I've not been able to get 2001 to talk to the server. I'd like to avoid creating pop accounts on the new machines then deleting them.Is there a route from 2001 to KMS? Do I have a problem here or just being particularly thick?
  •  
sonofcolin

All Entourage data is kept in each users directory:
/user_name/Documents/Microsoft User Data/

Copy each users data to the new machine and user account. Then use Entourage 2004 to create a new profle from this data.
  •  
huwmac

Thanks - I guessed this might be an option but will i have to create a pop account in 2004 based on this data then drag and drop to the server then delete the pop account?
  •  
sonofcolin

I haven't done this for a long time, but I think that if the user account was IMAP, then all messages and folders should be re-created as they were previously in the old profile.

When you connect to KMS via IMAP again, it should all sync up.

You may want to take a look here:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.e ntourage
Previous Topic: mailserver 5.7.10 error
Next Topic: Can I use the Treo 700w with KMS?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 04:54:46 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00374 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.