Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 64-bit compatible?
  •  
Phaethar

Send a private message to this user
Hey all,

We're looking at upgrading our mailserver, and were considering going with a 64-bit processor. We currently run KMS on a linux server, running Fedora 3 at the moment. The new system would be as up to date as possible, which appears to be Fedora 4, unless the bug with Fedora 5 has since been fixed. I'd like to run the 64-bit version of Fedora if possible. The system requirements don't mention if KMS will install and run on that OS though.

If it won't work, I'll just run the 32-bit OS on the 64-bit processor, or I may look around a bit more to see about finding a 32-bit system instead.

•  
pgimeno

In the knowledge base:

Please also note that Kerio will only provide support to Linux customers on x86-based platforms. This includes Intel and AMD 32-bit processors. It does not include 64-bit processors that are not x86-based, the PowerPC platform, the zSeries platform, or any other platform type. Kerio MailServer is not supported in '32 bit emulation mode' on a 64 bit processor. Please use an appropriate 64-bit version when available.

Reading this I think by now leave an 32-bit linux system in the 64 bit processor.

Next week I'll try to install in a 64bit RHEL or Centos, I'll post the results.

•  
jshaw541

Don't run 64-bit Linux. It doesn't work very well and you'll generally get more performance and stability running 32-bit Linux.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
Previous Topic: Mailserver Crashing
Next Topic: Footer+logo
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:38:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00359 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.