Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Internal web server not accessible
  •  
gcervantes

Send a private message to this user
I have configured KWR 6.2 and everything is OK, my internal network can navigate on the internet and such.

The problem is, I have a web server, I put the webserver behind firewall, and now is not accesible from outside. The rule is:

Source: WAN
Destination: Firewall
Protocol: HTTP
Allow
Mapping: 192.168.0.5

The internal NIC address of the winroute machine is 192.168.0.1, the default gateway for the web server machine is 192.168.0.1. But I keep recieving messages of timeout everytime I try to access the webpage from the internet. Or in some cases, the "Connection actively refused by the server." message.

Please, any help will be very appreciated.
  •  
winkelman

Hm, such a thing should work with your traffic policy. Do you have any restrictions on HTTP traffic? Try it with the protocol inspectors turned of for that traffic policy. you can turn them on later, but then you know if it is a 'HTTP issue' or a mapping issue.

Stupid question: and you're sure your internal webserver is on 192.168.0.5 and listening on port 80?
  •  
gcervantes

Thank you for your answer. This is getting more interesting, the webserver is correctly configured, I can access the webserver internally if I add the IP / FQDN to the hosts file, it serves the pages fine. It is from internet where it is impossible to access.

Actually, when I type the address in my browser, the title changes to the title of my webpage for a moment, then, keeps the message "loading" (in firefox) until finally I get the "time out message". That way I am pretty shure it reads the page (the title display), but can't get the content.

No restrictions on URL Rules, I let the default rules (updates for kerio and windows), and protocol inspector turned off (i don't know how to turn on or off for that particular traffic policy). Still nothing.

Any other idea?
  •  
gcervantes

Another thing. I got Panda Antivirus running in that server... I didn't think about it until now, do you think the antivirus could be an issue?
  •  
winkelman

Modern anti-virus programs often have things like 'worm protection', or 'anti-spyware' things etc. Pretty names for what essentially are firewalls. so it is very well possible that Panda is interfering.

But this is all easily checked: try turning it off temporarily and see if you can then reach your webserver correctly.
  •  
gcervantes

Well no, Panda was not the problem. Panda stopped and still can't reach my site.
  •  
Henning

Verify that the rule is one of the first, before any that might block indbound.
Try change source to any.
Try enable loging / trace.

/Henning
  •  
gcervantes

Thank you for your answer, done that, and still nothing. Support already answer and they try a remote connection to see if there is something wrong there.

I will let you know, in the meantime, any other help will be very appreciated.
  •  
gcervantes

Just lo let you know.

Finally is working OK. Almost always the most simple solution is the right solution.

The problem was solved when the router was reseted.

Thanks to all you guys who help.
Previous Topic: Port Forwarding
Next Topic: Non-domain users cannot pull ip
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:40:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00496 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.