Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Instant Messaging Support
  •  
silibone

Send a private message to this user
Do you think Kerio will have instant messaging support in the near future?

We currently use Kerio for our company, and I personally think it is a big drawback if the current generation groupware do not have instant messaginging support. Maybe they could just embed a simple chat utility or something. Exchange, Lotus and even Gmail has some sort of instant messaging implemented now.

Just a suggestions anyway.
  •  
cohcon

No, probably not as there doesn't seem to be a huge demand for it. If they do it will be several versions from now.

What I do is use a jabber spin off from jivesoftware.org, the wildfire server with the spark im client. It has ldap capabilities and works pretty well for most of my client's needs.

•  
danzkie

Quote:

What I do is use a jabber spin off from jivesoftware.org, the wildfire server with the spark im client. It has ldap capabilities and works pretty well for most of my client's needs.

Cohcon,

Will it be possible for you to share your "wildfire.xml" with us? I am trying to do the same with my newly installed KMS.
  •  
simon1663

Hi there,
Is there anyway we can use a jabber server which will authenticate against kerio?? E.g. login to jabber is subject to Kerio authenticating the username and password from it's internal user's database?

Many thanks in advance.
  •  
My IT Indy

I've set up KMS to authenticated against Open Directory and used the built-in jabber server on Leopard Server. Works like a charm.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
simon1663

Can the users then change their password in open directory from kerio webmail's password change window?

Also, what if you are hosting multiple domains (say if you are email hosting ISP)?
  •  
scottwilkins

Here's an IM package we used. It has Active Directory authentication.

http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/index.jsp

But, I too would like to see Kerio include this capability in their package.
Previous Topic: Apple iCal + Mail with KMS 6.5.1
Next Topic: how configurate KMS for isp smtp auth
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 11:27:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.