Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iCal permissions lost on refresh
  •  
glim

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

The company I work for has a medium userbase (~500 users).. Most of these are via webmail. We have ~50 workstations running MacOS 10.3/4

I'm attempting to share iCals between a couple of the managers, but auto-refresh in iCal causes KMS to reset the permissions. Every time a new event is added, the permissions disappear.

Is there a way to retain iCal permission information in KMS? The only way I could find was to create a completely separate user and publish the calendar there.. But this is not ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Gary Lim
  •  
Lyle M

Hi Glim,

Usually I like to reproduce an issue before I offer a suggestion, so excuse my from-the-hip response. We too have some users sharing iCal published calendars, but have not had an issue with the calendar folder permissions being altered during a refresh.

One thing about our configuration that might be different is that I have them publish their calendars as subfolders either in the main calendar folder (if they want to take advantage of the free/busy sever), or somewhere else in their directory. We only use the user's primary calendar for synchronization with Entourage. This decision was originally made because of iCal's "one-way" publish OR subscribe way of working - we didn't want to keep people from ever modifying their webmail calendar because iCal had locked it down.

If you want to try it, here's the link to the admin guide:

http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/ch34.html

Good luck,
Lyle
  •  
xommen

I have/had this same issue, when you publish in a subfolder of /Calendar it sort of works, you have to set the permissions on the Calendar folder and then it is also set for the iCal file. When you publish in the main folder you can not do this and it will not work. I have problems with Outlook Users looking into these calendars, for some reason mine works but the calendar of another user does not. Both calendars can be accessed from the webmail interface by all users so it is not a permission problem anymore.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 June 2006 19:33]

•  
glim

Thanks very much for your replies..

I sent the same question to technical support, who were able to sort the issue out for me.. I was publishing the calendars to http://domain.com.au/ical/ which would reset the permissions every time the calendar was changed. Support were kind enough to point out that I should be creating a public folder and assigning rights to that, then publishing the calendar to that address. eg. http://domain.com.au/ical/public/managers/.

This is something that I don't remember reading in the KMS manual.. Maybe I'm mistaken, but the manual does state that you can publish/subscribe to a calendar located at http://domain.com.au/ical/{username}...

Either way, it's working now..

Thanks again.

Gary Lim
Previous Topic: KMS & Entourage 2004 SP2 + Exchange + IMAP
Next Topic: Internal and External Mail Handling
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:47:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00377 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.