Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » mail from the year 1899 ???
  •  
finbom

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

A new problem has popped up for me. Im using KMS 6.1.4 with KOC 6.1.4. And all mails are now dated 1899-12-30....
And all calendar objects as well.

I just cant find anywhere to fix this. Have checked windows settings, outlook settings and KMS-setting.. nothing sems wrong.
And when using the web-client it works and shows as normal.

Anyone with a hint on what's wrong for me?

regards, Magnus Finbom

Magnus Finbom
  •  
cohcon

It sounds like a problem with the messages or .fld files that keep track of the messages.

Is the problem with just one user or everyone? Are you on windows, mac, or linux? Is this a new install or an upgrade?

•  
finbom

Hi. this happens on just one pc (running Windows XP sp1 with outlook 2003 sp2).
I have one more client that is running windows xp with sp1 and outlook 2003 sp1 and KOC 6.0.8.. and with this client my mailbox works just fine.
So thats why I dont think it is something wrong with the mailbox.
I really dont like this problem, but wont give up.
It worked fine before the KMS 6.1.4, at least I think it was about with that release the problem came up.

Regards, Magnus Finbom

Magnus Finbom
  •  
winkelman

finbom wrote on Wed, 31 May 2006 19:47

You could test this by simply creating an Outlook profile for this user on another PC...
  •  
finbom

winkelman wrote on Thu, 01 June 2006 11:23

finbom wrote on Wed, 31 May 2006 19:47

You could test this by simply creating an Outlook profile for this user on another PC...

Hi, and thanks for another hint.. But this one is also tested.
As i Wrote I have two client, one laptop and one desktop connecting to my mailbox, and tha laptop works just fine, but its on teh desktop im having problems. And it does not matter what mailbox I connect to, the problem shows on all of them. I even had a brand new empty mailbox to try with, did not work.

I just cant find out whats wrong.

Magnus Finbom
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It's clear that problem is on that desktop since it works fine on your laptop. Please make sure that KOC version is equal to version of KMS. If not, upgrade/downgrade KOC so both versions match.
  •  
finbom

Yes, thats true, Its the desktop-pc thats malfunctioning.
I have now also tested on a third desktoppc.

So this is the facts.

I have three PC with WIndows XP SP2, all of them running Outlook 2003 with SP2. They all have KOC 6.1.4 installed and they connect to the same mailbox.

But on one of them, (my now hated desktop.. ;-) tha mails are listad as sent 1899, calendar-objects are several houndrads years old or about 500 years in the future.

I have uninstalled both KOC and Office 2003 on the desktop and reinstalled.. same problem.

So that means that there is some kind of cache somewhere or a deta/time-setting I have missed.

I also tried to create a new local account on the desktop, just to exclude if it is something in my user profile, but the error still was there.. So it is something on the PC, but not in my user profile.

Anyone how can help me to dig deeper? :-)

Regards, Magnus Finbom

[Updated on: Sun, 04 June 2006 22:08]

Magnus Finbom
  •  
winkelman

What are the regional and time settings of the problem PC?
  •  
finbom

Hi!

I have checked this before and they are the same as on the laptop.
That means GMT+1(Stockholm) and as regional settings i use Swedish. time=20:24:42 short date = 2006-06-06...
everything as deafult..

man, this problem sure is a hard one.

regards, magnus finbom

Magnus Finbom
  •  
cohcon

"I also tried to create a new local account on the desktop, just to exclude if it is something in my user profile, but the error still was there.. So it is something on the PC, but not in my user profile."

Try uninstalling outlook and removing all of the hidden files under local settings and application data in your profile.

Have you tried connecting with a diferent mail client like thunderbird or the bat via imap or pop to see if the dates appear wrong in them also?
  •  
finbom

"Try uninstalling outlook and removing all of the hidden files under local settings and application data in your profile."

Hi!

I have tested that.. did not help. Uninstalled everything on the desktop that has to do with MS Office and KOC, and then deleted all office-related folders in the profile and in program-folder. Then reinstalled... and latest KOC.. same problem.

I have tested with Outlook express on the desktop using IMAP and that works fine.

I hate my desktop! ;-)

regards, Magnus Finbom

Magnus Finbom
  •  
sedell

This isn't a fix per se, but might help rule things out. Have you tried connecting from the problem PC with Outlook configured to use IMAP for the same mail account? I would think it would help confirm/deny whether it's specifically an Outlook problem, or a KOC problem.

Other ideas... Do you have any other plug-ins or add-ins running in Outlook on that machine. An add-in conflict could be a possibility.

You could also try doing a selective startup of XP, disabling all unnecessary services and start-up programs, especially things like firewall, antivirus and other security related programs. It's unlikely, but it's possible something else that's running could be interfering somehow. Sometimes, even if there's no plug-in for Outlook, some security programs try to protect you from Outlook in such a way that it can cause odd problems. I've seen that happen. Not with the KOC, but it might be worth a shot.

Scott
  •  
finbom

Hi again!

Great Sedell, that was a clever test. I confed a profile for imap, and that worked great... To bad imap dont support a calender.. :)

I had previous tested to disable virus-scanner and all outlook extensions, but that did not help.

If it IS the KOC, how can I completely remove it and clear out all cache and settings before reinstalling?

Regards, Magnus Finbom

Magnus Finbom
  •  
sedell

Good question.

I know it stores the DLLs in the install directory, and modifies the system PATH variable to point there. I would assume those would be removed during an uninstall, but you could check to be sure. This brings up another idea. At any point did you change the install location of the KOC? I'm wondering if there are possibly old files in another folder that may still be on the system path.

It also uses <user profile>\Application Data\Kerio\Outlook Connector to store some profile dat files.

In the registry, it writes to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kerio\Outlook Connector and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Kerio\Outlook Connector.

Those are the only locations I'm aware of. I'm not sure what changes the installer makes to Outlook to make it recognize the add-in though. I'd imagine it must be a pretty standard location or file, since other add-ins have to make the same or similar changes to be recognized by Outlook.

Scott
finbom

Hi, I uninstalled and deleted all remains from the KOC, then reinstalled. At first view in the inbox it looked quite good, checked the calendar and there the problem remained, so I switched back to the inbox and NOW all mails suddenly is dated 1601...
So the problem came back.

Quite funny though.. I had a reminder in the calendar to clean my toilet.. startdate is 1 January 1601.. and it is due to expire in 30001 weeks.. Wonder if I can convice my girlfriend to wait about 30000 weeks to clean the toilet.. haha.

Anyway, this problem remain.. Am I to give up and reformat the disk.. noway. I wont give up.. yet.

Regards, Magnus Finbom

Magnus Finbom
Previous Topic: POP3 account with MAPI
Next Topic: SMTP Processing & Spam Rejection Method in KMS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:45:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00561 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.