Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage 2004: Dismissing Reminders won't stick
  •  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
This may be more an Entourage 2004 issue, but the problem only occurs for our users that have Exchange-style connections to KMS.

Before I submit a support ticket to Kerio, I'd love to know if anyone else has seen this problem - or, better still, has solved it.

Here's the scenario:

Server: KMS 6.1.4 on Mac OS X Server 10.3.9 w/OD user accounts.
Clients: Mac OS X 10.3.9 & 10.4.6 w/ Entourage 2004 11.2.3 in Exchange mode.

Quite simply, hitting dismiss on reminders generated via the Microsoft Office Notifications application only temporarily dismisses the event. Typically, the user is greeted the next day by an ever-growing list of past due events that were previously dismissed. I can't figure out what is triggering the resurgence of the reminders.

At the moment, I'm swamped and can't delve deeper into this as I normally would. So, here I am milking the forum for all it's worth. I appreciate any feedback.

Regards,
Lyle
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Is it a reminder for normal or recurrent event?
  •  
Lyle M

Hi Pavel,

It appears to only happen to recurring events. It's like the reminder remains attached to the original event instead of shifting to the next one in the series.

At one point, I deleted all the recurring events and recreated them by hand. This stopped the problem briefly, as the events were now all in the future. Of course, as events passed the list of un-dismissible Office Notifications grew.

Thanks for chiming in on this!

Regards,
Lyle
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Ok. I can confirm that this is fixed in KMS 6.2.0 (currently beta3). Next alarm occurence was not moved to the future on dismiss of reminder for recurrent event in Entourage 2004.
  •  
Lyle M

Wow, if the rest of my life were this easy, I would be downright bored.

Thanks for tackling this so quickly. I almost feel guilty for not entering a support ticket.

Have a great weekend!

-Lyle
  •  
sonofcolin

We have the exact same issue with 10.4.6 server, KMS 6.1.4 and Entourage. Don't feel brave enough to upgrade our production server to 6.2b3 to fix it though :)
  •  
Lyle M

Hey Neighbor,

Good news is that I doubt you'll have to wait long for the 6.2 release.

Regards,
Lyle
  •  
mactech

This issues seems to have resurfaced in KMS 6.3 (currently running 6.3.1)

Reminders for recurring appointments cannot be dismissed in Enourage 2004.
Previous Topic: Outlook 2007 Connector Beta Test?
Next Topic: Marking mail as read in filters
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:11:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00515 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.