Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS & Entourage 2004 SP2 + Exchange + IMAP
  •  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

Send a private message to this user
I am converting a customer's POP email to IMAP.

I have read thru all of the documentation. I looking for some addtional information as to the best way to convert the mail.

I am also looking for additional information on the use of a company wide calendar and contacts, i.e. best practices, implementation, etc.

I have limited experience with Microsoft Exchange.

TIA

Len Levin
  •  
cohcon

Len, are you moving from exchange to kerio?

Regardless, they both support imap and you can use a utility called imapcopy to do this.

This has been covered numerous times in the forum. Please do a search in the forums for more info.

•  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to convert 30 users who are currently POP users on the KMS to IMAP users on the KMS.

I did search the forum for ideas of how to do this, but didn't find anything useful.
Len
  •  
cohcon

That shouldn't be a problem, is the email on the server or in the user's email client?

Changing the account properties within the mail client is easy enough and you can drag and drop the email from one account to the other or import it in within the mail client.

Are you using outlook, outlook express, thunderbird, the bat, or something else?

•  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

They are all Entourage 2004 SP2 with the mail stored in the client's Microsoft User Data identity.

I have found if I move the identity to the mail server, open it in Entoruage and drag the POP to the IMAP sccount it goes faster.

I jsut wanted to make sure I was going in the right direction.

My other question was is there more info on using the Free/busy server and a public calendar/contacts.

thanks.

Len
  •  
cohcon

You can create as many public contact and calander folders as you wish, then assign appropriate perms to each.

Also users can grant each other permissions to their own contacts and calendars.

Read the online manual for more info...

•  
osci

len<_at_>bizsysconsulting.com wrote on Wed, 07 June 2006 19:56

They are all Entourage 2004 SP2 with the mail stored in the client's Microsoft User Data identity.

I have found if I move the identity to the mail server, open it in Entoruage and drag the POP to the IMAP sccount it goes faster.

You were able to move emails from POP3 (mail stored in "Folders on my computer") to IMAP or to a Exchange-style account. AFAIK, Entourage don't let you copy folders from "Folders on my computer" to an IMAP account, you can only copy from POP3 to Exchange account.

I would like to know the steps you take to make it out.
  •  
dcsf

osci wrote on Wed, 14 June 2006 06:25

len<_at_>bizsysconsulting.com wrote on Wed, 07 June 2006 19:56

You were able to move emails from POP3 (mail stored in "Folders on my computer") to IMAP or to a Exchange-style account. AFAIK, Entourage don't let you copy folders from "Folders on my computer" to an IMAP account, you can only copy from POP3 to Exchange account.

I would like to know the steps you take to make it out.

you can *move* messages from folders in "Folders on my computer" to IMAP folders.
Previous Topic: wither kerio?
Next Topic: iCal permissions lost on refresh
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 07:06:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00473 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.