Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problems with VPN Tunnel
  •  
Whitelighter

Send a private message to this user
Hello!
I need advice concerning a VPN Tunneling in Kerio WinRoute Firewall. The tunnel does work but no good comes of it, or so it seems.
I have two offices, each with public ip address, and I want to create VPN connection between them. Since I already use Kerio WinRoute on both servers (in the main and in the branch office), I want to use Kerio for it.
Now I have made the tunnel on both servers, made one in the main office passive, and one in the branch office active. I started VPN Servers at both sides of the tunnel. I managed to detect the remote certificate at the active end of the tunnel. The tunnel become connected. In the traffic policy of both servers I added the following rules:
1) Allow Remote Host --> Firewall Host (Service Kerio VPN)
2) Allow Firewall Host --> Remote Host (Service Kerio VPN)
3) Allow Local --> Tunnel to Remote Host (Any)
4) Allow Tunnel to Remote Host --> Local (Any)

Now how do I establish a connection based on this tunnel, that I don't get. In the Network Places there is no sign of any remote servers and I can't address one by ip address. Ping works but apparently thanks to other network rules. In the properties of the Kerio VPN adapter connection a few thousand packets received and none sent. And that on each side of the tunnel!

Could anybody help me? I am afraid that this is some idiot error, and I just forgot to do something... but I can't figure out what! Please, help me out!
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
You have to make sure your main office and branch office use different local IP segments and then you need to inform KWF about the routes to take to which IP segment. For example if main office is 192.168.0.* and branch office is 192.168.1.* you have to tell KWF at the branch office that traffic to 192.168.0.* needs to be sent to KWF at the main office. And vice versa.

Did you even look into routeing tables etc.?

Hope this helps a bit...
Previous Topic: Problem with limits
Next Topic: Scripts for KWF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 19:01:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00480 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.