Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Basic Support for Windows Vista
  •  
stranikm

Send a private message to this user
I think I know what KERIO team answer me, but I will try it.

I am testing public BETA version of Windows Vista (BUILD 5384) and I can not install KERIO administration console for KERIO Winroute Firewall (or Kerio Mail Server), but I tried to run console from FLASH DISK and it is working, that means there is no problem with program, only with installer.

I am afraid that KERIO (if answer), answer that it is BETA and they do not support it. I understand that there is a lot of things to change for Vista, but I am talking only about installer and I hope that this will not be problem.

Thanks.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Vista is not supported at this time. We do not support Beta versions of operating systems. We will support Windows Vista sometime after the final build is released.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
stranikm

I just do not understand, why I can not install KMS, KWF admin console to control KMS, KWF? You could allow us to install it on our responsibility.

I tested KMS&KWF console on Windows Vista RC1 (build 5600) and it is working fine. But I must install these files on Windows XP, than copy to Program Files in Vista and run.

Think about it.

Thanks.
  •  
LastAngel

i try windows vista rc1 and kerio winroute firewall 6.2.2 (last release)
vista install it but after finish installation the kerio.exe are delete...mmm i have beta antivirus on beta windows vista...i try without antivirus Wink

bye bye
  •  
Traun

Dear Kerio team!

Vista rtm-build is already wide-spreaded now. During installing Kerio winroute firewall an incompatibility error occurres and Vista blocks winroute.

Is it possible to avoid this problem? If not, when will you be able to support Vista ?

Thank you much in advance.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 January 2007 10:57]

•  
LastAngel

vista rtm italina or english not support kerio winroute last version
bye bye
  •  
Traun

Do Vista english support any previous version of Kerio winroute?
  •  
LastAngel

boh.
i try last version and vista block the esecutable
bye bye
  •  
Traun

Did you try any previous Kerio winroute version?
  •  
LastAngel

i try 6.2.3 / 6.2.2 /
bye bye
  •  
vistaman

Anyone still having problems with the admin console can try this. Go to your command prompt and run:

setup.exe /a

Where setup.exe is the name of your setup file (e.g. kerio-kms-admin-6.3.1-2402-win.exe)

This will extract the files to the location of your choosing. Go into that directory and copy the files in "system32" to your c:\windows\system32 folder. You can then run the program in the "program files\kerio\admin" directory.

Good luck!
Previous Topic: How to configure Kerio Firewall
Next Topic: Anti-spoofing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:35:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00478 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.