Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Convert user from internal user database to active directory authentication
  •  
xommen

Send a private message to this user
I would like to convert exisiting user from my internal user database to that same user with active directory authentication so I can change my password in one location.
As the user has the same name I can not add the user and move the mail from the local user to the AD user.
Other thing is that I have users that have a space in there username (brilliant idea from an ex-colleague ;-)).
But I'm hoping to rename these in the near future.
  •  
carlPjohnson

It is really easy to move from internal, nt, ldap, at anytime. Just delete the user in the Kerio admin and then when it asks if you want to delete the mail folders, tell it no, then readd the user with the same username from ldap and poof it all works magically and Kerio will auth against ldap. For NT auth it is even easier, just edit the user in Kerio and in the auth combobox move it from internal to NT (make sure in the domain config that you have the NT domain name setup in the Advanced Tab).
  •  
xommen

I solved the issue I had by creating the edu.mit.Kerberos as described in the manual ;-).
http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/ch30s03.html

It seems that adding the LDAP stuff enables choosing a user form LDAP but the authentication is then done via Kerberos and the Kerberos info is not setup by Kerio.

Funny thing about this is that I can change the win2k username to a users shortname while keeping the pre win2k username a long username.

This enables me to use the short name via kerberos.
But the app that we use that needs the long name with spaces uses the pre win2k name.
LDAP still only sees the long name

one other thing I found:

If you just use kerberos for authentication you can use local group at the kerio server, if you enable an active directory user the groups are alos taken from the AD.

hope somebody finds this info useful.
Previous Topic: Tightening SMTP Authentication
Next Topic: Add filter rule in webmail script error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:32:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00398 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.