Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Internal and External Mail Handling
  •  
DXB Law

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I am in a small office running KMS with just under 20 users (half Macs running Entourage and/or Apple Mail; the other half running PCs with Outlook Express). KMS is running on a Mac (OS 10.4.5).

Is there any way I can configure KMS so that mail between users inside my domain (user1<_at_>xyz.com to user2<_at_>xyz.com) gets distributed by my mail server locally but does not go out across the internet, whereas mail from a user inside the domain to somebody outside the domain (user1<_at_>xyz.com to user<_at_>abc.com) would go out as normal?

Sorry if this is a basic question; I am not an IT person but I am running our network because we have nobody else to do it . . . I would appreciate it if your replies took that into consideration (i.e., don't assume I know too much).

Thanks,
DXB Law
  •  
winkelman

DXB Law wrote on Fri, 16 June 2006 16:57

Is there any way I can configure KMS so that mail between users inside my domain (user1<_at_>xyz.com to user2<_at_>xyz.com) gets distributed by my mail server locally but does not go out across the internet, whereas mail from a user inside the domain to somebody outside the domain (user1<_at_>xyz.com to user<_at_>abc.com) would go out as normal?

This is normally the case. Mail sent within the same domain (within the same mail server) does not get send over the Internet.
  •  
DXB Law

Previous Topic: iCal permissions lost on refresh
Next Topic: Can't Assign Task with Outlook 2003
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:16:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00887 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.