Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Opera 9 (Please :) )
  •  
easiconseil

Send a private message to this user
As i ask for Opera 8 months ago, do you have plan an Opera 9 compatibility for Kerio 6.20 ?

This will be very interesting :)

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
  •  
maxreefer

easiconseil wrote on Wed, 21 June 2006 17:38

As i ask for Opera 8 months ago, do you have plan an Opera 9 compatibility for Kerio 6.20 ?

This will be very interesting :)

I totally agree with this request as i'm getting tired to see "mini" version of Webmail using Opera.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

•  
easiconseil

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Wed, 21 June 2006 19:04

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=8390

I just create a ticket :)

Ticket ID: XKN-988239
Department: Support - United States

--
MaT
  •  
easiconseil

The support answer :

Quote:

We do not have any current plans to support Opera 9 with the full featured version of webmail.

Best regards,

Why ?

--
MaT
  •  
maxreefer

easiconseil wrote on Thu, 22 June 2006 18:30

The support answer :

Quote:

We do not have any current plans to support Opera 9 with the full featured version of webmail.

Best regards,

Why ?

well .. They don't have plans... at this point.
But if people ask for this feature they should (better they've to) take care of that.
Not saying Opora is the most used browser but what if it becomes?
Probably they will start too late and we'll have to wait more.
So i think it's ok to say that till now they haven't started to study this question but from now they should do it.
my opinion
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

We have no current plans. This does not mean we won't have plan for it in the future.

Opera represents less than 1% of browser market share. Simply, it is not good business to spend development time on supporting this browser. Time is better spent on KOC Offline mode, full-text search, support for wireless devices, and so forth.

Also, this is the only request we have ever recieved for Opera 9 support.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
maxreefer

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Thu, 22 June 2006 18:47

We have no current plans. This does not mean we won't have plan for it in the future.

Opera represents less than 1% of browser market share. Simply, it is not good business to spend development time on supporting this browser. Time is better spent on KOC Offline mode, full-text search, support for wireless devices, and so forth.

Of course if you ask if i rather have KOC OFFLINE or Opera support I would never say Opera.
But please just don't hide behind KOC cause it has been promised so many times...
Whatever i agree that KOC OFFLINE must be your first target.
thanx
  •  
easiconseil

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Thu, 22 June 2006 18:47

I don't agree with you, Opera (not only 9 ok i admit it, but if this works with Opera 8, this will work with Opera 9) is used on many PDA, Smartphone and other poket computers. If Kerio will be compatible with Opera systems, this will be a very powerfull commercial argument :)

more than 70% of pocket computers, PDA, and smartphone use Opera,I think this market wait only you :)

--
MaT
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Full-featured WebMail is not meant for pocket computers, PDA or smartphones. The requirements for javascript and other technology do not make it correct for a mobile device.

We have specific URL for PDA - /pda

eg http://mail.kerio.com/pda

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

easiconseil wrote on Thu, 22 June 2006 19:20

I don't agree with you, Opera (not only 9 ok i admit it, but if this works with Opera 8, this will work with Opera 9) is used on many PDA, Smartphone and other poket computers. If Kerio will be compatible with Opera systems, this will be a very powerfull commercial argument Smile

more than 70% of pocket computers, PDA, and smartphone use Opera,I think this market wait only you Smile

Well, there were few crashes in Opera 8 (namely in Javascript). We have to look if it is fixed in current version.

I agree that smartphones are good market, but browsers for PDA have limited capabilities and PDA itself has very low screen resolution (max. VGA).
This is the purpose of WebMail mini - it is designed for low resultion display and slow network connections.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 June 2006 19:26]

•  
easiconseil

Ok, so Opera on Pocket PDA as not the same capabilities that standard desktop opera ?

I preseant my appologies for this technical mistake :/

Thanks all for your answers :)

--
MaT
  •  
Marc.Mantione

I think a good question would be: why is the web interface throwing the mini version at Opera on the PC?
  •  
winkelman

Marc.Mantione wrote on Wed, 28 June 2006 03:42

I think a good question would be: why is the web interface throwing the mini version at Opera on the PC?

Because the full-featured version is not supported in Opera...
Marc.Mantione

It would be nice to get a more helpful answer.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 June 2006 20:26]

Previous Topic: Migration David Tobit to Kerio Mailserver
Next Topic: 4.1.1 450 Client host rejected: (queue error)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 11:13:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00560 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.