Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio MailServer 6.2.0 RC 1 released
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Download link: http://www.kerio.com/beta_section.html

Release history: http://www.kerio.com/beta_kms_history.html

Release notes:
Kerio Outlook Connector and Kerio Synchronization Plug-in will work only with the following Microsoft Outlook versions:

Microsoft Outlook 2000 (SP3)*
Microsoft Outlook XP (SP3)*
Microsoft Outlook 2003 (SP2)*

*) Microsoft Outlook must run on Windows 2000 (SP4) Workstation or Windows XP (SP2 or SP1) or Windows 2003 (SP1). Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 must be present.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 July 2006 09:41]

•  
sonofcolin

This is the message produced when a virus is detected by KMS/ClamAV:
Quote:

This part of mail contained a virus:

MIME type: application/zip
File name: eicar2.zip
File size: 348 B
Virus name: Eicar-Test-Signature
Antivirus: Clam AntiVirus

The attachment was removed by mailserver
at mail.xxxxxx.com.

Is it possible to edit/customize this message somewhere?
  •  
dbott

In previous versions (i.e. 6.1.4), the messages are stored in \Path\To\Kerio\MailServer\reports\en (or whatever language you're using).

The ones you're looking for are the 'avir-xxxxx.rep' files. Make a copy of the original (i.e. avir-reject.bak), then edit the original to your liking. Then, make a copy of the newly edited files (i.e. avir-reject.rep.sonofcolin), as future Kerio upgrades tend to replace the report files. After any upgrade, just copy 'avir-reject.rep.sonofcolin' to 'avir-reject.rep'.

Hope this helps.

-Dave (Son of Ted)

[Updated on: Fri, 23 June 2006 00:40]

•  
sonofcolin

•  
cpaul

Any idea on a release time frame for this?
  •  
stooley

For ClamAV, I have it installed and working in a Windows Server 2003 environment. Is there anyway to get Kerio to work with Clamd when it is running as a service? Whenever I follow the instructions and start Clamd as a service, Kerio cannot detect it and run it. When I start it via Start -> ClamAV -> Start Clamd it works fine.

Any reason why or a work around?
  •  
jshaw541

When will mail lists be included in the web administration section? It seems like a glaring absence, when you have users, groups, and aliases already in there.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
santo

Will this version finally support evolution (or any other linux client) ?
  •  
oregondean

Do I need to update all of my user's Outlook Connectors and Synchronization plug in's when I implement this update or will the current versions (from my 6.1.x install) be ok to convert at my leisure?

Just trying to gauge how much needs to be done at once with this update.

Dean

OSX server 10.4.9, Dual G5 w/2GB of RAM
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

oregondean wrote on Tue, 27 June 2006 18:58

Do I need to update all of my user's Outlook Connectors and Synchronization plug in's when I implement this update or will the current versions (from my 6.1.x install) be ok to convert at my leisure?

Just trying to gauge how much needs to be done at once with this update.

Dean

All clients (Kerio Outlook Connector and Kerio Synchronization Plug-in) will be updated automatically after Outlook restart. Please note the update is downloaded from KMS through HTTP or HTTPS port (SSL certificate from server must be trusted in Windows on client !!!).
  •  
Phaethar

Out of curiosity, is the FC5 bug still relevant to KMS 6.2? I'm putting together a new server and would like to run the newer OS if possible when 6.2 goes final.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Yes, this bug is based in a major library on FC5. We can't work around it.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
oregondean

I am the sole Mac user here in the office. After updating to 6.2.0 RC1 (on OS X) all of my email receipients (PC & Mac), including messages sent to myself, are seeing unicode in their emails from me for everything but the standard ASCII letters and numbers (including periods, commas, etc.).

This implies to me that something about sending messages with Entourage is interacting with Kerio 6.2.0 RC1 in a "unique" way that is undesirable.

I am running Entourage 2004 with all current updates 11.2.4 and have made no changes in its configuration since the server upgrade.

Are others seeing this? Do I need to report this as a bug in 6.2.0 RC1?

Dean

OSX server 10.4.9, Dual G5 w/2GB of RAM
  •  
jshaw541

Against my better judgement, is anyone using 6.2 RC1 in production? If so, with how many users? Any showstoppers or major annoyances?

The new features in 6.2 are compelling enough to make me consider putting RC1 into production. And hey, it only took a few years of asking to get dual spam scoring into KMS ;)

Also, has anyone heard an unofficial/ballpark timeline for release?

I'm beginning to "port" my kmsreport log analysis script to 6.2. Now if only I could get the Kerio developers to stop changing log entry formats...

Anyway, good job so far with 6.2, Kerio.

Everyone else, spill the beans.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
pgimeno

I think RHEL/CentOS-whatever is better than FC5 for install in a server

Pedro
Previous Topic: Version of KOC
Next Topic: KOC public contacts not always created
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:21:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00599 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.