Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » "Allow relay only for" issue
  •  
MareleSef

Send a private message to this user
Question: What should i change so that unauthenticated users to be able to send emails to none local domains emails also?

At the moment i am trying to set up a php-nuke portal but i have hard times with the user registering. The emails with the activation link can't reach email addresses on none local domains.

In KMS > SMTP Server > Relay Control i have selected the following:
Allow relay only for: Users from ip address group (local network)
Quote:

Allow relay only for

Use this option to activate user authentication by IP addresses or usernames and passwords (see below). Generally, authenticated senders can use email messages to any domain via this server, whereas unauthorized users can send messages only to local domains.

http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/ch16s02.html

As stated in the KMS manual the unautorized users can only send to local domains. I would like to know if there is any way to modify this so the unautorized user originated on my network to be able to send emails to none local domains emails.

I am asking this becouse i was unable to find a way to force php mail() function to authenticate on the mail server.

Any tips would be most appreciated.
Thanke you in advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 June 2006 09:21]

•  
winkelman

Create a IP Address Group (under Definitions) that contains the IP's of your local LAN. Than under SMTP Server - Relay Control allow relay for this address group.

Make sure the SMTP service is running (not just Secure SMTP) and that the service can be used by the local LAN (Services, SMTP, Edit, Access).

Now any device on the local LAN can use the SMTP service without authentication to send mail anywhere.
  •  
Sergiobodyweb

I did exactly as you said but I'm still not able to relay from localhost, is it possible to manually check some configuration file ?

[22/Jul/2006 18:40:50] Relay attempt from IP address 127.0.0.1, mail from <webmaster<_at_>bodyweb.it> to <mikysurf09<_at_>libero.it> rejected
[22/Jul/2006 18:40:50] Relay attempt from IP address 127.0.0.1, mail from <webmaster<_at_>bodyweb.it> to <uomobiella<_at_>hotmail.com> rejected
[22/Jul/2006 18:41:43] Relay attempt from IP address 127.0.0.1, mail from <webmaster<_at_>bodyweb.it> to <g_macciotta<_at_>hotmail.com> rejected
[22/Jul/2006 18:41:43] Relay attempt from IP address 127.0.0.1, mail from <webmaster<_at_>bodyweb.it> to <mikysurf09<_at_>libero.it> rejected
[22/Jul/2006 18:41:43] Relay attempt from IP address 127.0.0.1, mail from <webmaster<_at_>bodyweb.it> to <uomobiella<_at_>hotmail.com> rejected
  •  
winkelman

Perhaps you should also try to add 127.0.0.1 (= localhost, the server itself) to your allowed Address Group IP range.
  •  
Sergiobodyweb

I did it of course but it seems it's not considered by the server.
This is why I'd like to check some file, may be I got the wrong permission on some configuration file or it may be corrupted.

The only way to let it works is open relay.
  •  
Sergiobodyweb

Sorry, everythyng is ok now, I thougt the relay was valid for all the defined IP addresses group, instead is only for the selected one, my bad, pardon me.
Previous Topic: Calendar Problems
Next Topic: Adding a clamav X-Header
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 02:12:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00380 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.