Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » allow access from DDns host
  •  
airwolf

Send a private message to this user
I would want to allow the access to VPN service only to client come from dynamic IP.
this dynamic IP have DDns so i put in winroute source rule the DDns host (******.ath.cx)
the problem is: when the dynamic IP change winroute need many hours to understand that the real IP of ******.ath.cx is change.

seems that winroute keep the old IP for many hours because it do not refresh host resolution.

how can i push winroute to resolve host address everytime??
others solution??

Airwolf
  •  
winkelman

Perhaps turning off the DNS cache will do the trick... (This might result in overall slower DNS resolution, but that's not really likely in commen scenario's. It just means every DNS requests will go to your ISP's DNS server.)
  •  
airwolf

thank you for your quick reply,

it is difficult to think to slow resolution
I do not use winroute DNS forward, winroute is installed on 2003 server with DNS server on.
the strange thing is: if on the same server i try to ping DDns host from cmd, the DDns resolution is correct, so i do not understand why winroute do not allow the access.

the only answer that i can find is: winroute do not query to DNS server

on the filter log i see that winroute deny the access to the real IP of DDns host.
Previous Topic: Kerio Mqueue, hundreds of emails stored
Next Topic: outbound access "authentication"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 14:29:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00352 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.