Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » LDAP questions...
  •  
bzeb

Send a private message to this user
i have a few question regarding the LDAP set-up and the public contacts list as shown in WebMail. also some general LDAP questions.

1) i got LDAP set-up and connected to it via AddressBook... but i only get search results... is this how it works? can you not see a full listing in AddressBook? was the same way in Entourage so i am guessing LDAP just works this way. is that right? is there a way to automatically see a full list?

2) i get the results from the public contacts when searching... but if i sync i only *put* my local files in my private contact list. is there a way to *put* files in the public contact list over LDAP... namely with AddressBook?

basically what i want to do is... have one person in the office update/edit a copy of AddressBook locally and be able to put all changes autotronically into the public contact list. then i would like each client to be able to see the full public contact list *alone* in each persons copy of AddressBook (or in some cases Entourage).

is this at all possible?

thanks.
zeb.
  •  
sonofcolin

Quote:

basically what i want to do is... have one person in the office update/edit a copy of AddressBook locally and be able to put all changes autotronically into the public contact list. then i would like each client to be able to see the full public contact list *alone* in each persons copy of AddressBook (or in some cases Entourage).

You need to create a contacts list in webmail, place it in the public folder and set appropriate permissions. You can then use Entourage to edit contacts on this list. This should then be viewable by others according to the permissions you set for it.
  •  
bzeb

so a contact list that is separate and different from the one that is auto-created? because i have that one. would i have to use Entourage? or would AddressBook also work?

what is the address to use the sync? like in isync. for instance...

http://mail.domain.com/user/contacts/ or whatever gets me to the correct syncing for the private ones... what is the address for the public ones?
  •  
sonofcolin

I think you need to use Entourage. You can copy the contacts from your user Exchange account (don't know about POP or IMAP) to the public contacts folder. Users can then select which contacts folders to use when doing searches.

Th user guide explains about address book sync (exchange account), but I think it is:
http://mail.domain.com/exchange/user
Previous Topic: Problems Connecting to Apple OpenDirectory
Next Topic: Using LDAP with .NET
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:12:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00482 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.