Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.1.4 on Mac OS X Server 10.4.7?
  •  
markflo

Send a private message to this user
Anyone out there have KMS 6.1.4 running on the just-released update to Mac OS X 10.4.7 (Server)?

I'm having a problem that I think is related to KMS' interaction with the Apple Password Server (running on the same machine) which is causing the ENTIRE server to freak out every few days and need a hard reboot (can't even log in to the local desktop). I was thinking it was a bug with KMS and Mac OS X Server/Open Directory and was wondering if the 10.4.7 update resolved this.

Also wondering if there were any NEW problems with KMS after the 10.4.7 update.

Any info would be appreciated!
  •  
sonofcolin

I have 10.4.7 server running with 6.2RC1 without any issues so far. However, we do not use OD for authentication.

Also had 6.1.4 on 10.4.6 without any issues.
  •  
markflo

I took the plunge and installed the 10.4.7 update, and so far so good.

But...

If this Open Directory-induced lockup happens again, would it help to activate the users in the directory using Kerberos, rather than using a local user in KMS which authenticates against the OD server?
  •  
premedia

i have running two kms on mac osx 10.4.6 without any problems.
i have about 60 user authenticating with kms using OD
  •  
markflo

There are two ways to authenticate through OD, though -- by activating the user in the directory, or by setting up a local user in KMS and just using OD for authentication for each user. The latter method allows you to use ANY shortname as configured in the OD server, rather than just the first shortname as is the case when you "activate" the user in the directory.

Which method are you using?

Are you running other services on your server too?

[Updated on: Fri, 30 June 2006 16:01]

Previous Topic: Outlook 2003 problems when sending to Exchange 2003
Next Topic: #deleted folder in outlook?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 12:18:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.