Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Custom rules for mail routing
  •  
pkirkovsky

Send a private message to this user
Is there any way to specify which hosts to send to for a particular domain?

Let's say we have a company, widgets.com. They have several mail servers, some of which have different rules for accepting mail: some require SSL/TLS, some don't.

tls-only.widgets.com = FIRST IN MX
tls-optional.widgets.com = NOT IN MX

The tls-optional server is not in the MX, but it is there and is accessible from the outside world.

How do I set up redirection so that all mail to widgets.com gets routed to tls-optional.widgets.com automatically?

I thought about this and it seems that the only way to kludge it would be to add a domain in the Administration Console, set up forwarding (if user not found on this domain, forward to somewhere else), and create no users for that domain (it will forward all).

Is there a better way to do this? What if I am doing a not-insignificant number of these redirects and don't want to add domains for each one? How do I do wildcards?

I will appreciate any replies. If these features exist then I would be very glad to know of them. If not, the addition of custom filters, forwarding rules, etc. will greatly add to the flexibility of this product.
  •  
pkirkovsky

Bump. This would be a pretty useful feature to add :(
  •  
Nixs

This isn't a Kerio answer, but may address your problem.

Most firewall's have a re-write rule. For example, I could configure all outbound connections from the kerio server to the IP address of the remote SMTP server to be re-written to go the the prefered server's IP address.

FW1, IP Tables, Smoothwall, almost all decent firewalls can do this.

Does Kerio not have a smart host feature to address this? Our outbound SMTP server is not our Kerio server. Ours has smart hosts where we can do forced routing for cases like this. sendmail can do this also, for example.
Previous Topic: Mailing list sends back to sender...
Next Topic: Sync Shared Contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:06:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00367 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.