Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Empty all Junk E-mail directoris
  •  
vlskip

Send a private message to this user
Is this possible on a windows 2003 server ????

We have a over 300 Pop accounts and most of them never login with webamil to celan up.

I was wondering if this can be automated.

Thx!

•  
sedell

If they never use webmail, the best bet would be to turn off the "Move spam to the Junk E-mail folder" option on the spam tab in options. Then they can set up a rule in the POP3 client to move anything starting with **SPAM** to a junk mail folder. That would keep your server junk e-mail folders from filling up.

As far as removing the mail that's already there - there really isn't a good way. The only thing you could do (aside from logging into each account and emptying the folders that way), would be to delete all the .eml files in 'Junk E-mail\#msgs' directory for each user, rename the 'Junk E-mail\index.fld' file to index.bad, then let the server re-index the folder. Manually modifying the mail store in this fashion isn't a recommended method though.

Scott
  •  
maxreefer

I've added a ticket months ago to ask for a feature which lets the administrator to set for each domain the automatic emptying of "junk folder" after n days.
I have at least 300 user and only a few of them uses the webmail so i decided to mark and to forward all the spam to a proper mail folder so to keep trace of eventual Ham.
Of course this is not the right way to work but users are so different and ask for different solutions:
some don't care about losing some hame but they don't even want to see a message marked as spam; others want to see every mail but just with pop3 (so no junk folder download).
I'm eager to see if they have put this feature into new KMS version
  •  
iwarner

Hi

I wrote a batch script some time ago to do these very issue - it also has some nice features to restart or stop the kerio mail server.

It is only for windows as it is a batch script.

It basically goes through each domain then each user account renames the index.fld to index.bad and removes all the msgs.

Now I need some feedback on whether people want to backup these messages, or log any items along the way. As I use it for personal use I kind of know what to expect

So any feedback on a tool like this is appreciated I can then add to my script and release properly.

Ian
  •  
winkelman

iwarner wrote on Fri, 08 December 2006 16:36

Hi

I wrote a batch script some time ago to do these very issue ...

Could you make it so it only deletes messages older than, say, a week? You could possibly do it by only deleting files with a create date older than a week...
  •  
iwarner

Hi

Please view this thread, I will keep an update of what I do on here:

KerioCleaner Thread

Ian
Previous Topic: SPAM Cleaning
Next Topic: Can not delete 33,000 emails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 02:57:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.