Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Publish Multiple Web Sites ONE IP
  •  
fcasco

Send a private message to this user
Hello everybody, i´m traying the trial of kerio and i would like to know if i can publish multiple web sites to diferent web servers in my lan. I only have 1 (ONE) public IP.
Thanks in advanced.

Francisco
  •  
winkelman

You can, if you put the websites on different portnumbers, and forward them accordingly. Connecting to them from the web would require you to enter the portnumber as well (as in http://www.domain.com:portnumber/)
  •  
fcasco

Yes, that you can do. But i need the web sites to be all on the default, reading the website headings to redirect
  •  
soukupl

fcasco wrote on Thu, 06 July 2006 14:23

Hello everybody, i´m traying the trial of kerio and i would like to know if i can publish multiple web sites to diferent web servers in my lan. I only have 1 (ONE) public IP.
Thanks in advanced.Francisco

You can, but...

You can use diferent ports for each web site (http://example.com:1234) and do the mapping to port 80

Or you have to use some kind of HTTP proxy (you can use apache).
That way it would be like that:
a) you will map all comunication from internet to your HTTP proxy server (apache) on port 80, 443 (if you want SSL)
b) HTTP proxy will redirect request to one of your servers. redirect will be based on domain name (see apache configuration manual).
Apache has a module for this. This module is used for load balancing, but can also be used for this.

Or you can just run severeal web pages (domains) on one server (IIS, APACHE) and then you will just have to map all conections from internet to this server on port 80, 443.

You can combine multiple web pages on one server with redirection, so you can have 5 domains on one server and the sixth on second server redirected by first.

BTW: If you will use HTTP proxy please note, that if proxy failed, nobody will be able to access any of your sites!

Ladislav Soukup
  •  
feite

You can use the domain name to select te proper website. The webserver should support this. This works for most (new) browsers. The webserver will look to the requested domain name and redirect it to the proper folder.
Previous Topic: Bandwitdth Issues with Winroute
Next Topic: lan pc won't work online
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 13:43:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.