Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IMAP oddities on OS X (entourage + kerio 6.1.3)
  •  
yukiomishima

Send a private message to this user
howdy

having some major issues with IMAP

running kerio server 6.1.3 on OSX 10.4.5

all clients are using IMAP via entourage 2004 for mac

the folowing issues occur when trying to utilise IMAP + webmail:
- create a new message using webmail>save as draft>open in entourage... NOT possible to either edit the message OR send it
- create a new message in entourage>save as draft>open in webmail>edit it>save it as draft>open again in entourage... NOT possible to edit it OR send it

also

often there appears to be sync issues between webmail and the IMAP folders in entourage... sent items in webmail do not show up..... and sometimes items that have been read in webmail first do not appear in entourage (yes i have "updated list" in entourage)

any thoughts/ solutions/ workarounds would be greatly appreciated as this is proving to be time-consuming + very frustrating for all involved

thanks

yukioMishima
  •  
FFPR IT

hi,

i'd like to say, that i also have various issues using Entourage and IMAP. Entourage is the worst choice for an email client i guess. Shaming that Microsoft is not able to make Entourage fully compatible with IMAP, even Entourage and Outllok for Windows are not able to exchange Contacts. Microsoft also is not able to make Entourage compatible to exchange - have i more to say?

In my case i'm really at a loss: it seems there is no email-client for Mac that provides full IMAP support and groupware functionality like shared callendars, contacts mailfolders and so on. Kerio Webmail is great and we think about getting rid of all the Entourage, Thunderbird and stuff using only webmail, but with webmail you loose some really important workflow (like adding attachments to a mail via drag an drop)...

MacSEK
  •  
yukiomishima

howdy

we are still having these sorts of issues

most recently messages are being sent using entourage 2004 for mac, they are showing up in the log as seent, they are showing up in the sent items in webmail but NOT in the sent items within the IMAP>sent items folder within entourage

this only happens to a handful of clients on the network... and only sporadically (every now and then... no discernable pattern)

assume this is an entourage problem?.. or is it a server side issue?

is there something/ anything i can do to force the server to sync with the client?

is there a better mail cliet solution for the mac than entourage?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

yukioMishima
  •  
sonofcolin

In Entourage, you need to select which folder sent messages are copied into. By default it is 'Sent Messages' whereas kerio uses 'Sent Items.

Tools > Accounts > Edit > Advanced > Special Folders > "Store sent messages in IMAP folder" and choose 'Sent Items' from the list.
  •  
yukiomishima

wow

thanks for the rapid reply

entourage is and has been correctly set-up re: send messages vs sent items

again.... the problem only happens occassionally.... so 95% of the sent mail is showing up correctly.. it is just the occassional one that disappears into who knows where within the entourage DB

any other thoughts?

thanks in advance

yukioMishima
  •  
benji@bitesystems.co.uk

We have just had this problem on an installation we did recently on KMS 6.4.1 patch 1.

Rebuilding the entourage database fixed our problem on mail not appearing in the sent items.

If you hold down the option key (Alt), then start Entourage, you can select the main identity and rebuild it.

Quit that, then restart entourage normally.

Ben

[Updated on: Thu, 23 August 2007 11:21]

Previous Topic: Kerio Administration Console 6.3.x for OSX
Next Topic: Kerio as smarthost for MS Exchange??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 19:38:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00664 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.