Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Slow calendar
  •  
FrankG

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

We have Kerio running now for a week.
I got reports from my users that the find the opening and shufling of calendar items slow.
We come from a exchange server and migrated to Kerio.
Our clients are outlook 2003 with the latest service pack.

What can i do to make it faster?
  •  
winkelman

The things that do help is very fast hard drives in the KMS server (switching from 7200 RPM ATA to 15000 RPM SCSI drives made KMS webmail much faster here) and, of course, making sure your network is fast enough.

But it will not be as fast as Exchange...
  •  
FrankG

Because we run also Oracle but on a other server the whole network is 1 gbit.
Server where kerio is running is a dual 2,8 ghz with 1 gigabite ecc mem and scsi disk running in raid 0
  •  
winkelman

Well... then KMS is probably as fast as it will be...

Kerio is fully comitted to making the KOC available with 'offline' support. This could take a while before it's released, but when it is, is suspect Outlook/KOC will become faster. AFAIK Outlook will then run 'locally' and items will be synced to the server in the background.
  •  
FrankG

I am looking forward to this "new" option of offline.
Previous Topic: Kerio License allow MX Backup?
Next Topic: SPAM checking in E-mail Body
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:46:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.