Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » lan pc won't work online
  •  
buggs1a

Send a private message to this user
I've installed on my pc. Set up dhcp scope of 192.168.1.10-.30. default first time install wizard traffic rules. pc that winroute firewall is on can go online and do everything just fine, but my lan pc can not. lan pc i did ipconfig /release to release old ip info and ipconfig /renew to get the winroute firewall info. it got the correct assigned ip of 192.168.1.10 255.255.255.0 and the workgroup is workgroup as that's what i called it.

i have no clue why nohing works on the lan.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Make sure that you specify a default gateway in your DHCP scope, and set the default gateway to the IP of the Kerio WinRoute Firewall machine.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
buggs1a

Thanks for the response. I did this the first time I set it up. Nothing works still. One thing I notice is DNS server durring setup on Winroute I said 192.168.1.1 and on lan pc that is what the dns server number is which I find incorrect since it's obviously not my isps. So durring winroute setup I just gave 192.168.1.1 as the dns server being that all services are on one pc. I then thought how in a normal router the lan port gets all the info automatically from the wan connection so I wondered why winroute won't.

Also why can i not see my own posts on the forums main page? i have to click todays posts to see anything. the only way to see your reply is that i bookmarked my own post.
  •  
feite

If I read your message correctly you have a client in the lan with ip 192.168.1.10. WinRoute is installed on the firewall machine with ip 192.168.1.1. The default gateway of 192.168.1.10 is 192.168.1.1, the DNS of 192.168.1.10 is also 192.168.1.1. WinRoute has an DNS forwarder. The client in the lan asks the DNS forwarder which asks the DNS server you specified. You find this in the administration console at Configuration / DNS Forwarder. Check these settings.
Previous Topic: Publish Multiple Web Sites ONE IP
Next Topic: Multiple Websites, Multiple Servers, 1 IP address
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 02:58:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00372 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.