Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Trial Kerio alongside Exchange 2000?
  •  
Monty99

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I've installed Kerio in a PC so that I can see if it is what I need for my school. We currently use EXCHANGE 2000. Is there ANYWAY I can use the two systems side-by-side? I would like mail sent from my Exchange server to Kerio mail server. How can I do this? Is it possible?
  •  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
I'm not entirely clear on what you're trying to accomplish, but I'll toss out some thoughts.

I'm not a mail/dns god, so I don't know of a way you can have both servers receive the same e-mail simultaneously (I think that's what you mean by side-by-side).

If you want to simply feed mail to KMS, you can try the remote POP3 download described here:

http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/ch16s04.html

Of course, if your goal is to test the security/anti-spam features of KMS, bypassing SMTP won't really help. I've never climbed Mt. Exchange, so I don't know if they have something like a "keep mail & forward via SMTP" capability.

Part of our early testing of KMS was to place the server on the public Internet as a fully live mail server with complete DNS entries. A handful of testers were given made-up e-mail addresses at the fake domain. We also seeded our very public web site with the fake addresses so e-mail harvesters would find them and start spamming that server.

Best of luck,
Lyle
Previous Topic: Apple OD users can't send/receive, local users can
Next Topic: Kerio Mail Server 6.1.0 Bug Track List
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 05:38:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00341 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.