Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio MailServer 6.2.0 released
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Version 6.2.0 - July 18, 2006

Major changes (details are in the release history):
Kerio MailServer:
+ Added two-level spam rating. Spam messages could be tagged or blocked depending on spam score.
+ New SURBL (Spam URI Realtime Blocklist) anti-spam check significantly increases Spam Filter efficiency.
+ Added support for user-defined Distribution Lists (WebMail, KOC).
+ Added support for Sticky Notes (WebMail, KOC).
+ Added antivirus plug-in for Clam AntiVirus (ClamAV)
+ Universal binaries on Mac OS X.
* Spam Filter and Anti-virus are running in separate processes for better stability.
* New MSI-based installation package.
* New SpamAssassin engine (3.1.1)
* New McAfee antivirus engine (5.0.00)
* New SQLite database (2.8.17)
* Calendars in KMS could be made accessible from public (iCal without authentication).
* DSN reports contain email headers from original message for better identification.
* Discontinued ability to import settings from WinRoute Pro 4.x.
* Added ability to disable domain footers for internal emails.
* Added new traffic charts for HTTP, NNTP, LDAP and SMTP service.
* Configuration files and SSL certificates are copied to backup on product upgrade.
* Removed Zend Optimizer.
* New Kerio Assist utility.

Kerio WebMail:
+ Added Distribution Lists
+ Added Sticky Notes
+ Added visual marker to drag'n'drop
+ Added support for uuencoded attachments
+ Added quick search to calendar and task folders
* Incoming mail appears instantly in message list
* Increased speed
* Beautified dialogs with tabs

Release notes:
Kerio Outlook Connector and Kerio Synchronization Plug-in will work only with the following Microsoft Outlook versions:

Microsoft Outlook 2000 (SP3)*
Microsoft Outlook XP (SP3)*
Microsoft Outlook 2003 (SP2)*

*) Microsoft Outlook must run on Windows 2000 (SP4) or Windows XP (SP2 or SP1) or Windows 2003 (SP1). Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 must be present.

Download link: http://www.kerio.com/kms_download.html
Release history: http://www.kerio.com/kms_history.html

[Updated on: Tue, 22 August 2006 11:55]

•  
winkelman

An impressive list of new features (some of them much wanted here) and fixes. Congratulations on this release! (I haven't installed the update yet, but will do so asap surely...)
  •  
sedell

The new active directory extension installer won't allow installation on a non-domain controller. If you manage AD users from non-DC machines with the Admin Pack installed, you're stuck for the time being.

Scott
  •  
easiconseil

Update works nice for me. No problems.

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
  •  
jshaw541

No burps here, so far after a couple hours with several hundred concurrent users. Upgrade process appears to have gone quick and smooth and mail is functioning (so far ;)

Some of the new features really push Kerio back into the pack imho, especially the new spam-fighting features. Good job, guys!

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
abubin

Is the admin console now need to be separately installed? I wasn't given the option to install the admin panel or not in the installation.
  •  
The1st

abubin wrote on Wed, 19 July 2006 11:41

Is the admin console now need to be separately installed? I wasn't given the option to install the admin panel or not in the installation.

+1
How to install admin console on to a administrator's workstation - only d/l separate 13Mb admin console-package and install it?

[Updated on: Wed, 19 July 2006 14:03]

/Vladislav
  •  
bperkins

Up and running for about 12 hours........

Upgrade went smoothly as always. Absolutely love the new features. Webmail definitely seems to be faster. This is a great release.

Great job Kerio!

BP
  •  
easiconseil

I upgrade yesterday, but since this night, KMS stop to responding 4 times with a CPU load of 100%

I am analysing the logs.

I must each time kill the process and restart KMS.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 July 2006 14:47]

--
MaT
  •  
winkelman

easiconseil wrote on Wed, 19 July 2006 14:46

I upgrade yesterday, but since this night, KMS stop to responding 4 times with a CPU load of 100%

On what kind of machine (and OS) are you running KMS?
  •  
easiconseil

It's a Fedora Core 4 on a Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz with 1024Mb of RAM and a Raid 1 SATA 80Go

I am in contact with tech support of the hoster, they think it's perhaps a problem with cooling system because when KMS freeze we notice a too high CPU Temperature.

--
MaT
  •  
Darren

6.2.0 upgrade worked flawlessly, the new features are great (running Xserve G5 w/Mac OS X Server 10.4.7). Thank you Kerio!
  •  
bperkins

Ok, one little complaint:

It seems as though KOC is automatically updating even when Outlook doesn't have all the updates it needs. Then Outlook will not open.

The good thing is once you update Outlook, all is fine. You don't have to uninstall KOC or anything like that.

Other than that, so far a great release....but watchout KOC users, make sure your clients are updated.

BP
  •  
easiconseil

easiconseil wrote on Wed, 19 July 2006 15:44

It's a Fedora Core 4 on a Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz with 1024Mb of RAM and a Raid 1 SATA 80Go

I am in contact with tech support of the hoster, they think it's perhaps a problem with cooling system because when KMS freeze we notice a too high CPU Temperature.

We found the problem, there is a problem with the CPU Fan, they will change the cooling system.

Sorry for the noise ;)

--
MaT
KCAP

No real problems found, only one message but we got always had already IMAPI errors, but everything did work. I think the message in the new release is just a explanation of all the imapi errors. We installed kerio on a windows 2000 machine, connecting to a 2003 server.

old imapi error in 6.1.4
- Kerberos 5 auth: user rh<_at_>company.nl not authenticated, error code 8009030e
- Win Error: 1312 - A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.
- IMAP: Invalid password for user rh<_at_>company.nl. Attempt from IP address 192.168.1.99

In kerio 6.2 warning log:
Too many connections (35) to directory LDAP server "server01.company.nl". Number of actual connections is limited to 32

Is this something of kerio or our windows 2003 server, can I ajust this, in kerio or our server???

Thanks
Teun

[Updated on: Wed, 19 July 2006 16:31]

Teun
KCAP [NL]
Previous Topic: System Requirements (G4 enough for 20 Users)?
Next Topic: Kerio MS wont start after upgrade from 5.7.10 to 6.2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:21:09 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00600 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.