Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) via VPN
  •  
jay010

Send a private message to this user
Hi All

I am trying to connect to a pc which is running the Kerio VPN client and would like to connect to he PC via Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) which is provided by Microsoft with Windows XP.

When ever i try to connect using the VPN IP the remote desktop connection doesnt work, however, if i use the Pubilc IP address of the ISP it works.

As the IP changes everytime, it is next to impossible to connect this way - hence the VPN route.

Can anyone please help with this or do you know of any other solution to allow remote connections to a particular PC via the Internet?

Many thanks in advance for all your help!
  •  
winkelman

Did you configure the correct Traffic Policies and IP routes in KWF?
  •  
jay010

Thanks for getting back to me - i was working with the traffic rules but just couldnt get it to work...i have added RDP protocol to the ICMP traffic and its seems to have done the job!

Many thanks.
  •  
pain_elemental

Just add a rule as follows:
source = You Internet Interface
destination = Firewall
service = RDP
action = permit

And, of course, enable rdp on ur os.
  •  
winkelman

pain_elemental wrote on Tue, 25 July 2006 14:14

Just add a rule as follows:
source = You Internet Interface
destination = Firewall
service = RDP
action = permit

And, of course, enable rdp on ur os.

I think you missunderstood. The TS wants to RDP from the LAN to a client connected with the Kerio VPN. So a more approiate rule would be to allow RDP traffic from the LAN (or the firewall) to the VPN interface...
  •  
coverlar

Quote:
.i have added RDP protocol to the ICMP traffic and its seems to have done the job!

icmp list is fixed on kerio control 8.6
how can i change it?

or may be this problem can be solved by another way?
in my situation PING vpn client IS OK,
but rdp/ftp connect is false.

no firewall/antivirus on client

• Attachment: rules.jpg
    (Size: 29.94KB, Downloaded 320 times)
Previous Topic: VPN Client Static IP Query
Next Topic: IP Public:port forward to IP Local
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 17:16:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.