Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.2.0 Fails to auto-restart after power failure/restore
  •  
frankxs

Send a private message to this user
Below is the ticket I submitted to Kerio support. Posting it here just in case anyone else has seen this. FYI.

BTW, KMS 6.2.0 is awesome! Great new release. Lots of great fixes and additons.

-Frank

Your ticket has been submitted to our department successfully, One of our support technicians will get back to you with more information shortly.

Ticket InformationTicket ID: QSE-246257
Department: Support - United States
Full Name: xxxxxx
Email: xxxxxx
Product informationProduct: Kerio MailServer
License number: xxxxxx
Version: 6.2.0 build 1492
Operating system: Windows 2003 Server
KMS 6.2.0 fails to auto-start after power failure restart. If power is interrupted on my W2K3 server and then restored, the Kerio mail server does not restart upon powerup. If I do a normal shutdown/restart, everything is fine. I am running on a Dell PowerEdge SC500.

I have not had this happen with previous versions of KMS. Previous versions restarted fine after power failure and restore.

I have verified this behavior manually by unplugging my server and re-plugging it in.

Again, a normal shutdown/restart is fine.

Below is the error I get in my Event viewer...

----------------------------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Kerio MailServer
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2
Date: 7/25/2006
Time: 11:13:10 AM
User: N/A
Computer: PITTBOSS
Description:
Service startup failed: Cannot start spam server (see error log for details).

Kerio MailServer 6.2.0
Service: KerioMailServer
---------------------------------------

Below is the corresponding error log from KMS...

-------------------------------------
[25/Jul/2006 11:13:10] SpamModule.cpp: Unable to initialize plugin, error: TimeOut expired, no response from server
[25/Jul/2006 11:13:10] SpamModule.cpp: Server: Spamassassin failed to start.
[25/Jul/2006 11:13:10] main.cpp: Spam server is not running.
--------------------------------------

-Frank
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

This is a known issue. If anybody else experiences this issue, please submit a ticket.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
dysk

same problem happens to me.
please tell me how to solve it.
  •  
winkelman

Check the version history of newer versions, I believe this was fixed in a server update (so you'd have to update the server).
Previous Topic: Thunderbird
Next Topic: Spaces being generated in Subject Line
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:10:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.