Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » canot connect to kerio mailserver (*******) authentication fail
  •  
atomala

Send a private message to this user
I intalled KMS 6.2 on a WK3 server. After editing the primary domain, i added a second one to it. Then deleted the first domain (all users and groups were passed to the second domain). When I tried to log to console I get the message of authentication failed. Have tried the Knowledge Base Artcile 10, which says to get the users.cfg file and edit it. No success. I have my mail working but can access the admin console. ANy HLEP is welcomed.

Augusto Tomala
ENER-IT
  •  
sedell

What do the logs say as to why authentication failed? There should be something in the warning or security log. That might point you in the right direction.

Scott
  •  
atomala

I think the problem is that I deleted the admin account installed at setup. I can't access the console, since can see the logs.(is there another way to check them, please instruct me).

The server is running and working fine.

Help appreciated

Augusto Tomala
ENER-IT
  •  
sedell

You can access the logs on the server without going through the console. They're just text files in the /store/logs directory.

If you can access the users.cfg file, you can give another user account administrative access so it can be used to log into the console. I'm just guessing based on the admin account in my users.cfg file, but it's the only local database account that has:
<variable name="Rights">3</variable>
Every other account is set to 0.

Scott
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Try using username<_at_>olddomain.com to login.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: debug level output in logs for POP3 missing?
Next Topic: Password Protecting Kerio Accounts?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 04:36:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.