Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Deleting spam emails from mail-lists
  •  
jimklein

Send a private message to this user
We use Kerio & I'm new to the company & Kerio.

But I'm getting alot of spam from a mailinglist we have setup.
(& of course others on that list also get the spam)

Since the mailinglists are intended to be used only internally, is there any type of rule or option we can set so that emails going to lists, have to be created from internal users or a particular domain?

Much thanks,
Jim
  •  
winkelman

If it really is a mailing list (as specified in Admin Console, Domain Settings, Mailing Lists) only member of the list can post messages, so you wouldn't have this spam problem.

I'm guessing you mean a group (as specified in Admin Console, Domain Settings, Groups). There the only anti-SPAM mechanism is the nromal users spam-filter. In this case you need to see if you can improve that performance (use blacklists, etc.)

If the group is only used as a mailing list (and not to distribute rights etc.), perhaps you should move the group over to a 'real' mailing list.
  •  
sedell

If it is a group, you should be able to set the 'This group can send/receive email to/from it's own domain only' setting to prevent outside addresses from sending mail to it.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

sedell wrote on Wed, 02 August 2006 17:48

If it is a group, you should be able to set the 'This group can send/receive email to/from it's own domain only' setting to prevent outside addresses from sending mail to it.

This will disable outside communication to all members of the group. Irregardless of if they are mailing to/from the group or to someone else. It is just a means to distribute rights to groups of people.

For example, there’s a department that may only email internally, has public folder edit rights, etc. Create a group with those rights and make all people member of it. Easier than giving all users these rights individually. Having a group email address is just acting as some sort of distribution list.

Forgive me if I’m wrong... but I’m pretty sure it’s like this. Not?
  •  
sedell

Yes. You are right. Oops. I was thinking of an alias that redirects to a public folder for some reason.

Scott
  •  
sedell

Here's a thought. You could set up a spam rule. Anything addressed to group.address<_at_>domain.com gets rejected. I don't believe it will work for a BCC, but it should get at least a majority of the spam.

Scott
Previous Topic: Outlook client "Add Delegate" to manage another users email/calendar/contact list
Next Topic: For Faster Support, Use http://support.kerio.com
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:39:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.