Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook client "Add Delegate" to manage another users email/calendar/contact list
  •  
bpalajac

Send a private message to this user
I haven't been able to find this topic yet so I'll give a try at posting. I'm new to Kerio email and calendaring applications.

Does Kerio Mail server support adding a "delegate" to manage another persons calendar and contacts? My Outlook experience and Microsoft knowledge base say's that Oulook clients support this if connected to an Exchange server; however, if I install a COM add-in I should be able to do this with Kerio. Any ideas?
  •  
winkelman

Yes, you can share any folder with any other KMS user. The users themselves can arrange this. You can give other people read-only or full rights to (specific) folders.

This way, for example, a secretary can take care of the boss's Calendar. Or a colleague can take care of someone's mail INBOX during vacation. Etc.
  •  
bpalajac

Yes, thank you. re-read the manual last night and found this ability via the Web interface to KMS.

I thought maybe I could do this via the Outlook client via the "add Delegate" function.

In my test I am able to open up another users calendar but I'm not allowed to connect to see their 'shared' contacts. I get the message: "Unable to display folder. Your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user". I know the other users contacts are shared with my account so I'm not sure what's blocking this ability. Any clues? bp
  •  
winkelman

bpalajac wrote on Wed, 02 August 2006 17:42

I thought maybe I could do this via the Outlook client via the "add Delegate" function.

You can still do it in Outlook. Right click the to-be-shared folder --> Properties --> Kerio 'Sharing and Security' tab.

Don't know about your other problem...
Previous Topic: SMTP to smtp server DSL-provider
Next Topic: Deleting spam emails from mail-lists
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 11:13:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00423 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.