Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » When a KTC (Kerio Thunderbird Connector) ?
  •  
benodilo

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I post a message here because the lasts messages seem not have see in "Q&A: Do you support..."( message from other personn and my last message)

I have the same question do you consider to develop a KTC (Kerio Thunderbird Connector). Or best modify KMS for work with the extension of Thunderbird (his name is Lightning : http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/index.htm l ). This extension seem (or will) support different method of publishing (http, ftp, calDav and iCalendar) -> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:0.3_Release_Status)

I have submit a ticket but how to know and follow this ticket on Kerio support?

I'm not the only one to think is a important feature because Mozilla Thunderbird is used by many people and is multi-platefom (Window, Linux, Mac OSX, etc...).

Best regards.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 August 2006 09:32]

•  
binary

hmmm yeah i'd like that too... KOC then a KTC and then a full blown kerio mail client... now that would be sweet.

is there something in the pipe line for a proprietary KERIO mail client in the future??

•  
benodilo

•  
benodilo

No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 18 August 2006 15:35]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Sending nonsense replies for moving this post up is not polite. Please stop doing that or I will lock this thread otherwise.

Thunderbird is an excelent IMAP client however it is not a groupawe client. Adding simple calendar (like Lightning) does not promote it to groupware category. A lot of things are missing in Thuderbird to be comparable with other groupware clients.

"Thunderbird Connector" is not a solution. Support for IMAP and iCal is already in KMS. KTC cannot add new fuctionality to Thunderbird (like Tasks, scheduling, sharing, delegation). These functions must be implemeted in Thuderbird first. Everyone can contribute to Thuderbird development as it is open-source.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 August 2006 15:55]

•  
benodilo

I'm so sorry for my impoliteness. Really.
I promise to will never do that.
But for my defense, this impoliteness is the result of no reponse after 15 days for this message in "Q&A: Do you support..."(my old message without answer) and other message form another personn with the same question without answer in 3 months message from other personn... So is the hollidays and I can understand...

Moreover, I have not answer to this question : "I have submit a ticket but how to know and follow this ticket on Kerio support?"

Quote:

"Thunderbird Connector" is not a solution. Support for IMAP and iCal is already in KMS. KTC cannot add new fuctionality to Thunderbird (like Tasks, scheduling, sharing, delegation). These functions must be implemeted in Thuderbird first. Everyone can contribute to Thuderbird development as it is open-source.

Tasks, scheduling and sharing will be present in Lightning. (http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:0.3_Release_Status)
  •  
jonbrain

Could Kerio not get involved e.g. donate some development time to Thunderbird, if there was a good alternative to Outlook, it would help Kerio mailserver.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

benodilo wrote on Fri, 18 August 2006 16:50

I'm so sorry for my impoliteness. Really.
I promise to will never do that.
But for my defense, this impoliteness is the result of no reponse after 15 days for this message in "Q&A: Do you support..."(my old message without answer) and other message form another personn with the same question without answer in 3 months message from other personn... So is the hollidays and I can understand...

Moreover, I have not answer to this question : "I have submit a ticket but how to know and follow this ticket on Kerio support?"

It's easy. Go to the page http://support.kerio.com and login with your email address and password received as a reply to initial ticket submission. If you did't receive a password, use the "Lost password" link on login page.
Quote:

Quote:

Tasks, scheduling and sharing will be present in Lightning. (http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:0.3_Release_Status)

This is not exactly what I mean. Lightning can publish or subscribe any ics (ical) calendar. But it is not full groupware. There is no connection to email service (like integration of meeting requests).

There is no special support ("Connector") needed. Both IMAP and iCal are supported in KMS.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 August 2006 17:38]

•  
xommen

What the mozilla calendar does support (and I'm hoping the new iCal in 10.5 will also make possible) is to write to the same calendar as the one you are subscribed to. It would be nice if kerio would support that. I'm not sure if they use the CalDAV (which apple plans to support) standard to do that though. It seems (when I tested it) that it downloads the original calendar merges update and uploads it.

read the release notes for Sunbird (the standalone version of calendar) and that states they do in a way support CalDAV:
CalDAV support remains extremely basic

[Updated on: Mon, 28 August 2006 12:08]

•  
Mara

Hallo Kerio PDOBY,

I am not interested in the discussion.
Buit I am interessted to work with Thunderbird an Kerio Mailserver.
We have the Mailserver online an it works with Outlook OK.
Is there a describtion to work with tunderbird?
Like the report to install the otlook connector ....
I have to work with thunderbird and the public folders (calendar and contacts.
I like to receive your answer.
Kind regards
Berthold
  •  
donjefe

I think what Kerio_pdobry is trying to say is that some of the features of the connector are already available using Thunderbird.

To make the issue more clear, Thunderbird will never support a straight MAPI connection since that is a Microsoft format.

Here are the things that are supported (and I have seen working):

IMAP mail - Obviously this works.

Contacts:

Add the Kerio server as and LDAP source in your address book.

Calendar:

Add the Kerio iCal as a remote calendar in the calendar extension (or Sunbird).

What would be helpful for Kerio to create would be as SPAM/HAM submission plugin that would send data back to SpamAssassin.

All in all these functions could be wrapped into once extension to make things more usable. For instance, if the extension allowed me to choose my Kerio mail server, it would then automatically set and LDAP address source (using the correct schema), add a remote ICS connection, and the SPAM/HAM submission.

Realistically, a single document that wraps all of this information would suffice.

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

donjefe wrote on Sat, 28 October 2006 10:17

What would be helpful for Kerio to create would be as SPAM/HAM submission plugin that would send data back to SpamAssassin.

This is already available with any standard IMAP client. Simply subscribe to your 'Junk E-mail' folder, and when ever you move messages into that folder via IMAP, that will train the Bayesian filter.

You can observe this by moving a message to that folder, then look at your Spam log in the Admin Console. You should see it will say something like "User xxx<_at_>xxx.com moved a message to the Junk E-mail folder..."

This works for all IMAP clients, not just Thunderbird.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
winkelman

donjefe wrote on Sat, 28 October 2006 19:17

Calendar:

Add the Kerio iCal as a remote calendar in the calendar extension (or Sunbird).

I'm already using Thunderbird for some of my Japanese colleagues (we all use Webmail here, but sometimes Japanese mail is unreadable at the receiver when send from Webmail).

Could you tell me if this Calendar extension gives fully usable access (read and write) to the calendar? I know I could just try, but asking on the forum is easier ;-)
  •  
donjefe

Great!

Is there any way to mark messages that end up in that folder as HAM?
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

donjefe wrote on Mon, 30 October 2006 12:51

Great!

Is there any way to mark messages that end up in that folder as HAM?

Drag them from the Junk Email folder to the Inbox folder.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Depth of blacklist search
Next Topic: Outlook Connector Borken
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:43:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00500 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.