Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Restore Problems
  •  
spiggott

Send a private message to this user
As part of my testing of KMS prior to switching from another mail solution, I wanted to test a restore. To do so, I backed up the machine I was running my test KMS on (Mac OS X 10.4.7), wiped it and reinstalled the OS. I then reinstalled KMS per the instuctions in the knowledgebase: http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=1&nav=0,1.

After restarting KMS, I can successfully log in via the admin console and see all my users, but when I log in as a user only some of their mail shows up. For example, the INBOX only shows new messages and the Drafts, Sent and Junk folders are empty (when I know there should be mail there.)

Any ideas? Do I just need to rebuild the mailbox?

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

How did you backup your data? And how did you restore it?

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
spiggott

I cloned my drive using Super Duper to a second internal hard drive. I restored by copying the files via the command line using cp.

Is there a better way to do this? Could it be a permissions issue?

--Scott
  •  
halma

Make an backup with the kerio mailserver backup.

Then restore through kmsrecover located in the kerio mailserver dir.
(i dont know if Mac Kerio Mailserver has this option I think so)

•  
spiggott

Thanks. I'll try that.
  •  
claudia

Hello spiggott,
Did the kmsrecover tool work for you? I'm running Kerio Mail Server on Mac OS X Server 10.4.4. I'm having problems recovering a backup with kmsrecover via Terminal. With the command ls (list) it shows up in the directory where KMS is stored as it should but when I try to use it I get: "command not found".
I wonder if you have the same problem or if I'm doing something wrong.
Or maybe there is someone else reading this who has a solution?
Thanks,
C.
  •  
spiggott

I haven't had a chance to try using it yet. I've been swamped with a network cutover. You probably tried this, but for commands that aren't in your path, you have to precede them with "./". So you would need to navigate to the folder where the kmsrecover tool resides and isssue:

./kmsrecover [options]

HTH,

--Scott
  •  
claudia

Thank you!!!!! It is working!
I assumed that once I navigated to the right directory, the command would be recognized automaticly. My knowledge of Unix is not as such that I could think of this. So thank you again.
Claudia.
  •  
winkelman

Please note there are some things the automatic backup and recover won't backup/restore. Such as SSL certificates, mailing lists, logs and some more things.

I use the built in backup routines and let our backup server also backup the rest of the KMS folders (minus the store of course). When migrating the server last month, I manually restored it. Didn't use the kmsrecover tool. I installed the same KMS version, manually unzipped the store from the Kerio-created backup zip-files, restored the other things like logs, certificates etc. from 'my own' backup and was up and running in no time.
Previous Topic: Messages going missing?
Next Topic: Strange Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:25:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00514 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.