Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » mailing list corrupting attachments?
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
Anyone had this problem (this was an email sent to me describing the problem)?

"I recently sent a PDF file attachment to our mailing list from my IMAP account using
Thunderbird.

Several people using Outlook received it not as an attachment but in an
inline encoded format, which baffled them.

When I sent the PDF to them individually, they received it as an attachment.

Could the mailing list or other group alias on the mailserver be turning
attachments into inline encoded text?"

Everyone he sent this to is on our LAN using our KMS 6.2.0. All the outlook users he is talking about is using the KOC. However, one of the users uses PC PINE connecting with IMAP. So, I guess its not a KOC problem.

Is anyone having problems with mailing lists built into KMS corrupting attachments?

Thanks,
BP
  •  
scottwilkins

Send a private message to this user
A few version of Thunderbird had real problems with attachment encoding. They didn't put it in the proper MIME format so other mail readers just saw the raw text rather than an MIME encoded attachment.

Keep in mind, e-mail is purely a 7-bit text only format. Attachments were the last thing in the minds of the orignal authors of e-mail when it was born. In order to send attachments they have to be "changed" into a text like format that needs to be properly encoded by the sending mail application and properly decoded by the recieving mail application. Try making sure your Thunderbird version is up-to-date, might even try a beta version.

Or, better yet, use Kerio's web mail to send those messages to the list. Kerio's web mail arguably beats Thunderbird in IMAP configuration for full functionality and proper operation.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 August 2006 15:06]

Previous Topic: Sending mail from another account
Next Topic: PHP's imap_open
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 19:33:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00326 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.