Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » PocketPC Kerio sync tool
  •  
dbarak

Send a private message to this user
I heard a rumor about a future version of kerio including a wireless active-sync like push mail tool for pocketpcs. Anyone else heard anything about that? I was told it was in testing and would be available “soon”. Can anyone verify a similar story?
  •  
winkelman

You 'Blackberry-like' push mail as introduced with Windows Mobile 5 and Exchange 2003 SP2? That would be nice.

I haven't heard such a rumour, where did you hear it?
  •  
dbarak

I don't want to say exactly what context, because I don't want to get anyone in trouble if they are not disclosing this, but I heard if from kerio.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

I can tell you that we are working on ActiveSync Over The Air support, but I can not say anything more than that. There are plans to release a public beta in the relative near future, but I can not comment on when that might be.

But good things are coming down the pipe, so stay tuned Smile

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
dbarak

can you tell us if it will sync contacts and calendar or just email? That would be very exciting.
  •  
Darren

Hi Kevin,

Could you confirm a similar product-in-the-works for PalmOS and Blackberry? I'm not so concerned 'when', however am curious if the same attention is being devoted to other devices?

Cheers,
Darren
  •  
dbarak

For blackberry, you can get push email, just not contacts and Calendar. Here is how you set up push email to get your email the moment it arives (and not that 15 minute blackberry delay):
1) Log into your blackberry web account. Stop all email forwarding to your blackberry.
2) In the blackberry web account, set up the reply-to address to the email that you want users to see when you respond.
3) In the kerio admin interface (not in the webmail filters section) edit the user and set up a forward to the email address of your blackberry (rember to check off the box to deliver to both)
done. instant push mail.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Unfortunately I can not reveal any additional information. When the appropriate time comes we will be making official statements that should answer all of your questions.

Kevin Trumbull
  •  
dcsf

dbarak wrote on Thu, 10 August 2006 15:43

For blackberry, you can get push email, just not contacts and Calendar. Here is how you set up push email to get your email the moment it arives (and not that 15 minute blackberry delay):
1) Log into your blackberry web account. Stop all email forwarding to your blackberry.
2) In the blackberry web account, set up the reply-to address to the email that you want users to see when you respond.
3) In the kerio admin interface (not in the webmail filters section) edit the user and set up a forward to the email address of your blackberry (rember to check off the box to deliver to both)
done. instant push mail.

if you anticipate receiving emails larger than 10000000 bytes, you'll want to create the above rule within webmail otherwise the blackberry webclient server will reject the email and you won't have any clue on your blackberry about the bounce or email... so if you're not accessing your inbox you may miss an important email or did not think that you've received something when you infact did. our users routinely receive emails larger than 10000000 bytes.

what i did was create another filter that sends a notification (if an email exceeds 9999999 bytes) to their blackberry so that they receive the from, subject and text of the email. i have this filter above the forwarding filter so it processes first and stops processing further rules if the condition is met. this prevents the bounce and the users are happy.

afaik, RIM has no plans to accommodate emails over 10000000 bytes through their webclient service.
  •  
dbarak

That is very interesting about the over 10000000 bytes limitation. I'm surprised they wouldn't shorten it. There are a lot of people who just give their blackberry address out. The one problem with setting it up through webmail though is it seems to always put you as the sender of the email...unless there is a way to avoid it that i missed.
  •  
dcsf

hmm... we don't experience the issue you mention regarding the sender. the filter i use (and what is recommended in a kerio kb article) is as follows:

for all messages, keep a copy in the inbox and forward to...

it's too bad that RIM does not have granular control (or provide it) to just allow headers and a specific number of bytes pass through.

the notification filter (mentioned previously) does have the user appearing as sender. however, our users are aware of this and don't mind. they actually get tripped up when the bounces would appear prior to putting this filter in place thinking that the original sender also got the bounce.

•  
Darren

Push mail isn't really what i'm referring to. Will there ever be a way to synchronize a Blackberry/Palm device over-the-air (OTA) with my Kerio account? This includes, mail, calendar, contacts, etc.

For example, if I delete a message on my PDA, it reflects in my Kerio account. Chatteremail for PalmOS does a great job integrating with Kerio for mail, however does not offer calendar/contact syncing. Consillient for Blackberry can also accomplish (somewhat) the same thing, however it's a middleware product and requires the user to use a custom email app on their BB.

I know this can be accomplished with Exchange/BES, etc. Just wondering if there is a comparible option for Kerio.

Thanks,
Darren
  •  
apsistemas

There is a BETA Version that support this feature where can we read info about without install the Beta Version I have not more free servers to try :(

Reagrds.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Kerio MailServer 6.3.0 will support Over The Air Sync with Windows Mobile devices via the ActiveSync Protocol:

http://www.kerio.com/beta_section.html

Kevin Trumbull
  •  
jstrickland

I use Chattermail for my e-mail synchronization, and CompanionLink for my Contacts and Calendar Synchronization. The only issue I have had with CompantionLink is that often, when a contact is created in KOC, when it first synchs to the Palm it loses it's category designation and is listed as unfiled. This means you have to go in and set it to the correct category on the Palm. Once this is done, you are good to go.
Previous Topic: domain restriction
Next Topic: Group Users Admin
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:12:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00538 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.