Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Way to set up an AutoResponder?
  •  
sparhawk

Send a private message to this user
Anyone know if there is a way to set up an AutoResponder for a particular address? Many mail packages have this feature, but I can't find it within Kerio.

I have a few users with the same first name (say, Mary), and people often attempt to send to mary<_at_>mydomain.com to reach one of them. I would like to have the server automatically respond to the sender with a message that gives them the valid addresses for Mary Jones and Mary Smith in the body of the message.

Is this a feature that I am missing, or does anyone know of a good workaround I can put in place?

Thanks for any help.

-= Jim Macknik =-
Director of Technology
Sparhawk School
Salisbury, MA

-= James M. Macknik =-
Dir. of Technology
Sparhawk School
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hear, and I forget.
I see, and I remember.
I do, and I understand.
~ Chinese Proverb
  •  
winkelman

What you could do is make 'mary' an alias of someone (you?). That person will receive the email, but (s)he could also create a mail filter rule that would automatically respond to those messages with some text. (S)he could also create another rule that subsequently deletes the message, but (s)he might also manuyally forward the emssage to the correct Mary.

For example:
rule 1: mail with mary<_at_>domain.com in 'To' --> send autoreply "bla bla bla"
rule 2 (optional): mail with mary<_at_>domain.com in 'To' --> delete and stop processing more rules
  •  
sparhawk

Thanks for the reply.

Thought of that, except that it requires the users to a) see that it is not for them, and b) do something correct as a result. I can't count on that level of sophistication.

If it sends to me, then I'm the bottleneck, and I'd rather not be. I have enough junk that I have to filter and send off.

I am looking for something automated; just automatically resond and through the message received away. If I create a user called "mary" then I run the risk of having that appear in the contact lists, which isn't a good idea either.

Guess I'll have to figure something out. Pretty basic feature of most mail systems nowadays, I thought. Guess I was wrong.

-= James M. Macknik =-
Dir. of Technology
Sparhawk School
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hear, and I forget.
I see, and I remember.
I do, and I understand.
~ Chinese Proverb
  •  
winkelman

No, this can all be done fully automatic. You can trigger a mail filter based on to whom the mail was send. Only this mail filter needs to be setup through webmail/Outlook-KOC and not on the server itself. (Mind you, the filters are handled server-side, so no email client has to be running for this to work.)

In essence, you get what you want, only in a different way implemented :)
  •  
sparhawk

Ah...I think I see what you're saying. Alias mary<_at_> to forward to msmith<_at_>, then setup a filter in msmith's account to auto-respond to the message then delete it. A bit of a kluge, but I see how it could work.

I think I'll try this route, as it's the most automated. Only piece that could trip us up in the future is if msmith's account is ever deleted...the filter will go with her.

Thanks for the suggestions.

-= James M. Macknik =-
Dir. of Technology
Sparhawk School
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hear, and I forget.
I see, and I remember.
I do, and I understand.
~ Chinese Proverb
  •  
winkelman

I've created a seperate user for all of these 'special' things.
  • auto-respond to old users (as in your case)
  • a place to park the mailboxes of deleted users before really throwing them away
  • a place to receive 'special' mail, such as 'sales<_at_>domain.com' (filtered into a special folder and that folder is shared with the sales team group so they (and future employees) can manage the mail without it belonging to a specific person who can indeed quit the job. (The sales group has the rights, so I do not have to add/remove rights to individual users, just make them members of specific groups.)
  • a place to create other types of shared folders, such as perhaps a shared calendar for a certain departments, contacts, etc.
  • etc.

I just need to login to that special user once in a while to clean house (delete spam, etc.)
  •  
sparhawk

Thanks winkelman. Brings back old memories of workarounds adminning Exchange/Outlook. I remember doing similar things to allow for some of these functions.

-= James M. Macknik =-
Dir. of Technology
Sparhawk School
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hear, and I forget.
I see, and I remember.
I do, and I understand.
~ Chinese Proverb
Previous Topic: Entourage Calendar Data
Next Topic: Directory Service problem with Maping users from Active directory.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:12:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.