Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Spam Filters Not Catching Blank Emails
  •  
kendalljung

Send a private message to this user
Good morning,

I have been getting plagued by an influx of blank spam emails, and cannot seem to get them blocked.

Here is an example of the headers of one of them.

Return-Path: <clevelanddickens<_at_>rprhrecruiting.com>
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=4.2 required=5.0
	tests=EMPTY_MESSAGE: 2.308,MISSING_SUBJECT: 1.816,TO_CC_NONE: 0.131,
	TOTAL_SCORE: 4.255
X-Spam-Level: ****
Received: from YT-27A98C02499D ([221.0.103.194])
	by mail.<domain.com>
	for <user<_at_>domain.com>;
	Thu, 17 Aug 2006 06:30:37 -0400

I currently have custom rules enabled that if the "From" field is empty to Reject the message, if "Sender" is empty, Reject, and if "Subject" is empty to bump the spam score by 5. However, as you can see here, those custom rules are not applying for some reason. Anyone have suggestions?
  •  
winkelman

I think your "From field = empty" check doesn't work, because the from-field is entirely missing. It seems you can't filter on non-existent headers. Perhaps Kerio should add a '- non-exitent' filter or change the '= empty' criteria to '=empty or non-exitent' :)
  •  
sedell

They've recently added that. There an 'is missing' type in the spam rules now. I use that to check for missing From headers.

Scott
  •  
kendalljung

Excellent! I'll see if that does the trick. I hadn't noticed that - was it a new thing in 6.2.0?
  •  
sedell

I can't remember. I remember finding it for the first time not all that long ago, so I'm assuming it was added in one of the last couple of releases. I could be wrong on that, but I don't remember it previously.

Scott
Previous Topic: Sync contacts, calendar, email using IMAP protocol
Next Topic: Calendar: Recurred event
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:05:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.