Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrating Mail Server to New Hardware
  •  
randymorris

Send a private message to this user
Hello All,
I am migrating Kerio Mail Server 6.2.0 build 1492 from one machine to another. The production machine is running Windows XP Professional and everything is working great.
The new machine is running W2K3 Server and Active Directory. I do not have the AD integration running.
I used Kerio's migration recommendations and moved the mailserver.cfg, the suers.cfg and the store folder to the new machine.
When I bring up the new machine, and try to send mail, I get responses from the server that says:

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user<_at_>domain.com.

This is happening even when I open up the server to be an open relay server. I only opened up to open relay for a minute for testing but I was surprised to see this error happen over and over again.
Ideas about THIS ISSUE would be helpful.
Thank you for any constructive input you might have.
  •  
winkelman

Do you have any access restriction on the SMTP service itself (Admin Console, Configuration, Services, (Secure) SMTP, Access tab)?
  •  
randymorris

Thank you for the prompt response. There are no access restrictions - we are allowing 100 concurrent users. However, Secure SMTP is the only service running - I could not get SMTP to run and I think that might be part of the problem. Do you know of anything that would cause the SMTP service not to run? I dont have anything else running on the server except for W2K3 Server Standard Edition, KWF and KMS.

Thank you again - have a great weekend. Let me know if you have any other thoughts.
  •  
sedell

randymorris wrote on Fri, 18 August 2006 13:54

I could not get SMTP to run and I think that might be part of the problem

That could be the problem. If you're getting a 550 response, something has to be accepting the connection. If KMS SMTP isn't running, and you're not connecting on port 465 to the SMTPS service, it's got to be something else. Make sure you see the relay error in the KMS logs when you try to send a message. If it doesn't show in the security log, enable SMTP Server in the debug log. You should be able to see the server process your connection, and either accept or reject the message.

Also check to see if the IIS SMTP service is running. You could also do a netstat -ano from the command line to see if anything is listening on 25 other than KMS. If something is, it would prevent KMS from binding to port 25 causing SMTP startup to fail. It would also accept and process your connection instead of allowing KMS to do it.

Scott
  •  
abubin

I also agree that you should check IIS SMTP. It might be the one that is holding your port 25 causing your Kerio's SMTP unable to start. If not, you might want to check windows firewall or any other that you might have installed.
Previous Topic: Problem copying mails
Next Topic: System Requirements (G4 enough for 20 Users)?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 20:39:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.