Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to backup KMS (6.2.0) Settings ?
  •  
Netzzwerg

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks !

I read a lot about KMS so far but there is one thing i couldn't find information for:

Is it possible to backup all settings (including users, pop-accounts etc.) ? The Mail-Backup works fine but what to do when we suffer a servercrash and KMS has to be installed on a new machine ?
Why isn't there a simple Import/Export function for KMS settings or is it just because I'm blind ? :)

Thank you very much for help !
  •  
guig

in Kerio's directory, you have "mailserver.cfg" and "users.cfg"; You can back-it up: all of your options and settings modified in administration console are here.
Install KMS, then stop all KMS services and copy these two files in your "fresh" Kerio's directory, start KMS ...
In this case, make a backup of these files each time you modify an option in administration console.
  •  
Netzzwerg

OK, this seems to be very easy. What do you mean with "stop all KMS Services", Configuration->Services or just the KMS Engine ?

Thx !
  •  
guig

It depends of your Os ... Windows, Mac, Linux ?

Not in Administration console; under Windows, i mean KMS processes (ctrl+alt+del --> process)

[Updated on: Tue, 22 August 2006 09:31]

Previous Topic: Kerio MS wont start after upgrade from 5.7.10 to 6.2
Next Topic: How to modify window and data fields for webail interface?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:40:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00490 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.