Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » does KMS support tunneling through HTTPS?
  •  
it-purchasing@uaudio.com

Send a private message to this user
Hello-

Is this possible? My boss has heard somewhere that Exchange can be run through HTTPS, is it possible to do the same with KMS? Seems unlikely, but need the final word to close the issue.

Thanks everyone!
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Are you asking if our Webmail supports HTTPS? Of course it does. You can actually setup the Kerio MailServer to only accept secure connections for all protocols.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
it-purchasing@uaudio.com

Thanks for the reply, actually what we are wondering is whether we can have an Outlook client tunneling through HTTPS from out of the office to the mail server inhouse.

Thanks again!
  •  
dcsf

are you referring to WebDAV?
  •  
sedell

Outlook is a mail client - it doesn't do HTTP or HTTPS. Mail works over IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.

Scott
  •  
sonofcolin

Quote:

Outlook is a mail client - it doesn't do HTTP or HTTPS. Mail works over IMAP, POP3, and SMTP

Entourage is a mail client and it does http/https. That's how we have it setup.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 August 2006 21:06]

•  
sedell

To retrieve mail? How does that work? KMS HTTP modules only work for the web site.

Scott
  •  
sonofcolin

Yes, to retrieve mail. KMS HTTP does not just work for webmail. Maybe a trip to the dark side (OS X) would be enlightening ;)
  •  
sedell

Heck no. Linux, no problem, but I won't go near a Mac.

Scott
  •  
sonofcolin

Yes, Macs and Linux are so different 8)
  •  
sedell

That's the point. I don't see why I'd want to pay 2x what you'd pay for a Windows PC for a Mac, when you can have a Linux system for pennies... and have more software and hardware options available at the same time.

Scott
  •  
sonofcolin

I can run windows, Linux and Mac OS X on my laptop (all at native speed). Hardly stuck for software!

[Updated on: Thu, 24 August 2006 21:22]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Actually, I think 'it-purchasing<_at_>uaudio.com' is referring to 'RPC over HTTP' protocol used by Outlook and Exchange. This is a proprietary, undocumented protocol which is working only with Exchange. Outlook with KOC works over IMAP and SMTP (plus HTTP for automatic KOC updates). All can be used in secured mode.
  •  
sedell

I'm not getting into a Mac/Anti-Mac flame war. Just saying I won't spend that much money for something that's basically a Linux distro. Windows PCs are cheap compared to them.

Scott
sonofcolin

Never knew we were getting into a war. Just thought I'd point out that for $999 you can pick up a tri-booting laptop made with the same components as any other PC laptop. There is no difference between Mac and PC hardware anymore.
Previous Topic: Message monitoring
Next Topic: email corrupted in Outlook 2000 SP3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 06:43:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00487 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.