Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » The server was not able to deliver your mail
  •  
codel

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
I am triyng to make a mailserver on mine ftp server.
This server works with OS MS windows XP in a network that is connected to a router.My IP provider is euronet and i am using the POP and SMTP server from euronet.
I have tried evrything to get that server to work but for nou only the pop server is working so a can't sending mail.
My server has no firewall or virusprogram. The router port are open (25,110). Outlook is working good and another mailserver Pegasus works too.
I dont no of mine setting are correct but i have tried evrything.

settings,

internet connection:

pop3 download:
pop.euronet.nl username + password
deliver to admin<_at_>localhost

SMTPserver:
alow relay only for:
pop3 before SMTP alow relay for 30 minutes after.....

use relay SMTP server
smtp.euronet.nl
port 25

services:
pop3 all addresses 110
smtp all addresses 25

The problem:
Mail Delivery Subsystem <postmaster<_at_>192.168.123.103>

This is an informative message sent by Kerio MailServer 6.0.6 at 192.168.123.103.
The server was not able to deliver your mail message to the following addresses:

<xxx<_at_>euronet.nl> (smtp.euronet.nl: 504 <admin<_at_>localhost>: Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address)

I hope that someone can help me....

codel

•  
sedell

It looks like you have the IP address specified for the internet hostname, or maybe it's blank. Some mail servers will not accept mail if the sending server, in this case yours, doesn't identify itself with a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN). That's a spam prevention feature since a lot of the spam tools or zombie machines don't identify themselves correctly.

Under Domains in the KMS admin console, check the Internet Hostname setting at the top. Try chaning it to a FQDN, like mail.yourdomain.com.

Scott
  •  
guig

hi,

Looks like that you don't setup any domain name in KMS.
Like Sedell says, use a fully qualified name like your_domain.com in domain name.
By my experience, it seems that Internet hostname can have any name, not especially FQDN, but ... ?
Sender's address also have to be qualified to be reached.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 August 2006 09:20]

•  
codel

hallo.

Thanks for helping me out guig and sedell.
It seems to working now.
My setting where blank in my domain.

i have stil one guistion:
is it possible that i make two inlog accouts for one email adres?
That my wife can log in at one account and me on one account but te email messages must come in one both accounts.

greetings codel

[Updated on: Thu, 31 August 2006 12:13]

•  
sedell

Probably the best bet there would be either to use a shared folder for the mail so you can both access it, or have the one address forward a copy of all mail to the second address. A shared folder might be better, because then you could see what messages have been read. In both cases though, both accounts wouldn't be able to reply from the same address the mail was sent to.

Scott
Previous Topic: Forwarding without an attachment
Next Topic: Group does not aceppt adresses from outside the domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:36:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.