Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Message size exceeded server limit
  •  
darkjedi

Send a private message to this user
Here is my problem, I am running Kerio mail server 6.1.2 on windows 2000. I not sure when it exactly happen but all of sudden users reported that they can not send email attachment lager then 2mb. I have check SMTP setting and it is set to 20mb, in all user setting there attachment size is set to 0.

Also I have try to send SMTP through MX and through Internet hosting provider.
Both return with this message, I have check with some of email providers all state that there service will allow upto 10 mb emails.
When anyone sends a email with and attachment over 2mb they receive a message like this.

-----------------------------------

This is an informative message sent by Mail_Server.
The server was not able to deliver your email message to the following addresses:

<user<_at_>domain.com> (smtp.provider.net: Message size exceeded server limit)
------------------------------------

What is weird is the message returned, if it is sent through the Internet providers SMTP it come back with there name. If it is set to MX the returned message will come back with the email recipients

I am unsure what to do at this point!

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Jeff
  •  
abirkner

Send a private message to this user
We do have a similar problem and entered a ticket. Shocked

Solution from Kerio at the moment:
We have a suggestion on file and when more information becomes available we will be in touch.

Our System:
CentOS 5, Kerio 6.4.0 behind a firewall
- Receiving mails: POP3
- Sending mails: POP before SMTP

All other messages smaller about 2MB will be send without any problems. Very Happy
Previous Topic: URGENT: 451 qq temporary problem? What is causing this?
Next Topic: Anyone using 6.4.0 Blackberry support yet?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 07:45:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00470 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.