Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » CITRIX - TERMINAL SERVER with KOC
  •  
apsistemas

Send a private message to this user
Hello we have a Citrix and Terminal Server config using the last KMS and KOC with Outlook 2003 with the last Service Pack and the user has many "hungs" using the email (without the Word) someone else has the same problems or are using the TS o CITRIX ?? Regards.
  •  
gjanssen

I had same problems here, it seems the new Outlook connector doesn't works fine if you have McAfee installed locally at the client desktops.

I alo have a problem synchronising Palm pda's. with the Kerio mailserber 6.2.0 and Outlook connector 6.1.4 this works fine!
  •  
apsistemas

I have the last version for the Mcafee Viruscan 8.0 in all the computers and Citrix-TS Servers this can be the problem for many outlook hungs ??
  •  
gjanssen

I have 3 computers here which have McAfee Virusscan Enterprise 8.0.0. Two of them gave problems.
Problems were messages stucks in Outboxand sometimes Outlook 2000 SP3 won't start.

Afther deinstallation of McAfee and reinstallation of KOC, problem was solved.

Another possibility is that KOC is not updated properly (automaticly)
  •  
apsistemas

I'm going to update to the last patch version (13) and check if solve something ... The update for the KOC is made by me by hand to be sure the Servers are updated and all of them has the last version.

Any info why this "problem" with the NAI Antivirus ??
  •  
gjanssen

Nope, I don't know, but we use also Kerio WinRoute firewall with Mcafee plugin, so desktop scanners aren't very important for us. All traffic passing the firewall is scanned for viruses.
  •  
apsistemas

The problem is the VirussCan 8.0i + Outlook 2003 + KOC if you have activated the Scan Email and the plug-in in the Outlook 2003 the Outlook 2003 crash sometimes.

Regards.
  •  
gjanssen

Thanks for solving the problem!

Gerrit Janssen
  •  
catoxpress

We have several hundred users on Terminal Server, Windows 2003. Although we don't use Citrix, we were experiancing the same problems with crashes all the time. We were using NAV Corporate Edition.

We are now using the McAfee integrated antivirus engine and have disabled the Outlook plugin for NAV client scans. We still encounter hung Outlook sessions but not as frequently. I am still trying to track down the cause of this and feel it may more to do with TS and Outlook than KMS and KOC.

One thing you want to make sure of is that if you are running antivirus software in the background of your KMS, you must disable realtime scanning of the mailstore folders. The Integrated solution works fine. Anyone else have other good solutions?
  •  
apsistemas

I think the problem has been solved disabling in the USER session the plug-in in the Outlook 2003 and disable the mail scan.

We have installed in the KMS and KWF the CA Antivirus solution and also a Mcafee gateway antivirus then we think the problem to get a Virus in the lan I hope !!!

But I'm interested to solve this "bug" for the Antivirus and KOC if someone can give me some help to check was wrong ?? ONLY happen when the Outlook use the KOC
Previous Topic: Bandwidth requirements
Next Topic: 4.1.1 Cannot connect to remote host PROBLEM
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:26:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00528 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.