Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Groups
  •  
caramello

Send a private message to this user
I've installed for my first time KMS connected to AD domain.

I have some internal groups managed by AD schema and I want to restrict them so only people in our domain can send emails to them.

I have tried to use the restrictions settings but when I set it KMS block all individuals who are in that group.

Is there a solution or a rule to prevent spamming?

Thanks.

-----------
KMS runs on linux server + active directory connector

[Updated on: Mon, 04 September 2006 21:12]

•  
winkelman

You can setup users so they're only able to send/receive emails to/from their own domain only. This what you mean?
  •  
caramello

True, but in this condition the groups does not work well.

Suppose that:

Active directory

Users:
User1
User2
User3

Groups:
Group1 (members User1, User2)
Group2 (members User2, User3)

Now I enable the Group2 to send/receive emails to/from their own domain only.

In this condition the User2 can't send email outside the domain.
My goal is to stop only the emails received from outside.

Is there a solution?

Regards
  •  
winkelman

There is no straightforward way to limit users from recieving outside mail, while they still can send to outside.

If this applies to everyone, you can create a manual spam rule that tags everything as spam. You can then even configure all spam to be rejected, so it doesn't get deliverd to the users spam box. But this rule would apply to everyone.

Another thing: you could create a mail rule that deletes all mail from outside. This rule would need to be created for every user manually through their mail filters through webmail. The user could turn this rule off him/herself, so you could not really enforce this.
  •  
caramello

Sorry,

my goal is to stop only the emails received to a specific internal group from outside.

Is valid the spam solution suggested for users?

Thanks
  •  
winkelman

Ah, now I see. You would like to be able to create a group that cannot be mailed to from outside. A long standing 'issue'. Problem is a misunderstanding of what a group is and is used for (in KMS).

The 'can only mail internally' option in a group is meant as a way to distribute these rights to the members of the group and does not imply the group itself. There are pro's and con's to this behaviour, but it certainly is ambigues and thus unclear.

There is currently no way to do what you'd like besides creating a mailing list. Setup in a certain way, a mailing list 'behaves' the same as a group-as-a-distribution-list and for mailing lists you can control who can send mail to it: only it's members. If that's to restrictive, then you're out of luck AFAIK.

I believe this issue is going to be resolved in some upcoming KMS version, but I'm not sure when.

(You can find long discussions on this in older topics.)
  •  
caramello

This is a big problem.

So if I want to use KMS and I want to solve this problem I must insert a new server between KMS and Internet to delete the mail sent to internal group from outside.

Funny.

Bye
  •  
winkelman

I'd suggest not telling the outside world the name of the group... ;-)
  •  
Alain

caramello wrote on Tue, 05 September 2006 15:25

Sorry,

my goal is to stop only the emails received to a specific internal group from outside.

I had the same problem, and we decided to use mailing lists with moderators to control external posting.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 September 2006 12:13]

•  
caramello

For me is not a correct solution because domain users not included in a particular groups have to use all groups available.

If I use the mailing list external users from ML must be authorized any times.

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=38736&p l_view=0&S=d4db66e24efc9011319b1524f85f2802#msg_38736

Bye

[Updated on: Wed, 06 September 2006 11:58]

•  
Alain

It is less convenient, but on the other hand you can also control that your AD users are using group posting efficiently

[Updated on: Wed, 06 September 2006 12:16]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

There is also quite simple solution with using custom spam rules.
Just make sure all your clients are allowed in SMTP relay settings. Spam filter is not applied to local (trusted) senders by default unless you enable it. Therefore, all incoming emails to certain addresses (or groups) can be rejected by custom spam rules. Local users can send emails to these addresses with no limitation as such emails are not checked by Spam Filter.
  •  
mwesten

Unfortunately this doesn't work for groups that are placed in a bcc field.
Within the Custom Spam Rules you cannot define the bcc for field.
Previous Topic: Can't authenticate to kerio via PAM + LDAP
Next Topic: How to configure KMS for each mail domain has a own public IP for sending?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 19:17:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00488 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.