Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » AntiSpam plugins for Kerio??
  •  
jimklein

Send a private message to this user
We use Kerio (great program) but SPAM is really an issue & use SpamBayes on all our clients running Outlook.

This works well, but I'd rather have the SPAM deleted at the server level. (Tried all current server related options)

Is there any good AntiSPAM addins for Kerio server???
(Third party or otherwise)

Much Thanks,
JKlein<_at_>magnetstreet.com

•  
sedell

Anti-spam features are built right into KMS. There are a number of them, and when used together are fairly effective.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

sedell wrote on Tue, 05 September 2006 17:25

Anti-spam features are built right into KMS. There are a number of them, and when used together are fairly effective.

I have to agree: configured correctly, most spam is caught here (about 60% of all our incoming messages is spam).
  •  
sedell

60% is pretty high. Do you add to the score for blacklisted mail, SPF, etc., or reject? We reject blacklist hits, SPF and Caller-ID failures, and I have a few custom rules that reject mail. Between all of those, and spam repellant, mail accepted and flagged or discarded as spam is at around 10-12%. Of course the reject count is really high... it's hard to say exactly where that's at with no statistics, though.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

sedell wrote on Tue, 05 September 2006 17:54

60% is pretty high. Do you add to the score for blacklisted mail, SPF, etc., or reject? We reject blacklist hits, SPF and Caller-ID failures, and I have a few custom rules that reject mail. Between all of those, and spam repellant, mail accepted and flagged or discarded as spam is at around 10-12%. Of course the reject count is really high... it's hard to say exactly where that's at with no statistics, though.

Problem is I receive mail from a single mailserver (they receive our mail and pass it on to us), so I can't use blacklists, SPF, Caller-ID, etc. I rely entirely on Bayes and Spamassasin to filter out spam.
  •  
sedell

Gotcha. That would explain it. Relay servers and/or gateways do make it more difficult.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

I want to change it and point our MX-records straight to me, if only I could get my ISP to act as backup server in case of downtime. They only want to act as 'allways on' incoming relay server. Gotta call them again sometime... or ditch them of course :)
  •  
cyberknight

I have exactly the same issue, with an incoming maildaemon that runs antivirus SW as well and that passes the mail on to KMS.

I have to rely entirely on SpamAssassin and consider it pretty disappointing for the time being...

CK

[Updated on: Wed, 06 September 2006 17:54]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We are considering a solution. It seems the way how to handle such scenarios and take advantage of full potential of Spam Filter in KMS does exist.
  •  
cyberknight

That's nice to hear, because it would also allow me to use SURBL from then onwards. Now it makes no difference for me to put it on/off, as I receive all mail from my own MTA that receives all mail from the Internet and passes it on to KMS.

CK.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 September 2006 11:28]

•  
winkelman

AFAIK, for SURBL it doesn't matter if you have an incoming mail relay server. SURBL checks internet links in the message body, so you can use it regardless of the way your mail gets delivered.
Previous Topic: Webmail
Next Topic: Kerio, Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 12:20:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.