Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problems KOC 6.2.2 KMS 6.2.2
  •  
cpvposta

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
today I've installed the new KMS 6.2.2 on our server..previously we had the 6.1.x version..
well, since that moment all our outlook 2003 sp2 need to install the new KOC 6.2.2 which has a serious problem with the public contact list..
the problem is that when I select a contact from that list in the field "TO" the e-mail address doesn't appear..but only the data in the field "complete name" ..and if I send an e-mail it isn't delivered..

is it an indexing problem?

please..
help me..
  •  
sedell

It's working fine here. What do you have listed in the 'Display as:' field?

Scott
  •  
cpvposta

thanks for the reply..
the field "display as" is the "nome completo" in italian which I translated like "complete name"..so when i click in the public contact KOC put the "display as" field in the field "e-mail address "..

I must say that if I install outlook 2003 with Sp1 and the KOC 6.1.0 everything work fine..

do I have to do some modifications to my contact list?
do I have to cancel the Index file of the public contact folder in order to make able KMS to re-index it?

•  
sedell

In ours, also Outlook 2003 sp2, it also uses the 'Display as' field to populate the To: address. If published directly from KMS, it's just the e-mail address. We let Outlook fill that field in instead, in which case it looks like 'User name (e-mail<_at_>domain.com)'. It's a little more personal than just an e-mail address. We haven't had any issues since upgrading to 6.2.2 though.

Just to be sure nothing got lost in the translation, are you talking about the field on the right, directly under the e-mail address? If you are, it sounds like your contact entries might be missing something in the display as field. Did you try to publish someone directly from KMS to verify that new entries work?

Scott
  •  
scottwilkins

We've seen similar problems since 6.2.0 where groups don't insert properly when auto filled. If I type in a group name, and it auto-fills, once I try to send the message I get an error. I can go back to the message and use the contact book to put in the same group and then the message sends fine.

Unfortunately/fortunately it's rare, so I haven't been able to get the error information to submit to Kerio. But there definately is a problem with contacts since 6.2.0.
  •  
cpvposta

well..I solved..in a bad way..
I re-edited all the field "e-mail-address" in all our public contacts..field that went lost during the migration.

this problem affects only "outlook 2003 sp2 and koc6.2.2" all ather version (example outlook 2k3 sp1 and koc 6.1.0) works fine and e-mail address were always found...

I didn't try the re-index of the public contact folder, though..

don't know what happened..

many thanks to sedell
Previous Topic: Is it possible to do reporting
Next Topic: Import Whitelist ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 16:08:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.