Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Private calendar share
  •  
fgump

Send a private message to this user
My client needs to be able to share Outlook calendar with other users, so I'm trying out Kerio Mailserver as an alternative to going with Exchange server.

I've installed the Kerio Outlook Connector on two client machines running Outlook 2003 sp3 (to test the sharing). I've got the Kerio Mailserver setup and running okay too. Now, I've given the users in Kerio admin access to public folders, so both can go and edit the Calendar folder showing up in the "Public Folders". This is working well.

I tried share one user's private calendar by going into the properties menu -> sharing and added another user. I made them an Editor (even tried Admin) so they could see and edit the calendar. Now when I went to the other user's machine, how do I see it? I can't "Open another user's folder" and that option is greyed out (and I think only available via Exchange). There is NO option for "Folder Mapping" as per the documentation. So, I'm at a loss on how another user can see it. I read something about having to use Webmail for this, but I can't get that working either (have another post on that).

Any help or information on viewing a user's shared folder would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Frank
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Click on Kerio Outlook Connector Store (root of your folders) with right button, select Properties and there is a tab for managing Mapped folders.

That option "Open another user's folder" is really available only with Exchange.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
ohament

Kerio_pedobry wrote on Fri, 08 September 2006 10:51

Click on Kerio Outlook Connector Store (root of your folders) with right button, select Properties and there is a tab for managing Mapped folders.

so now that i've enabled this, how do i open the other user's mapped folders?

<edit> never mind. it just shows up after restarting outlook. gawd i love this software!

[Updated on: Thu, 19 October 2006 08:34]

Previous Topic: 550-Unrouteable address
Next Topic: Archive and Public Folder sharing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:51:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.