Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Server Administration
  •  
BrianStL

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I am brand new to Kerio and was looking for any information on how to answer the following question posed to me from our CEO:

"Is it possible to set up my account so that NO ONE can read my inbound/outbound e-mails including the Enterprise (Network) Admin AND the Kerio Administrator?"

Thank you very much!
-B
  •  
winkelman

Nope. Mail is always readable by:
- The mail admin: (s)he could change the password of the user and thus login to the account
- The windows/linux/mac server admin: (s)he could just browse to the mail store directory where all mail is stored as seperate *.eml files and read the mail there
- The network admin: (s)he could sniff the network and thus read the messages
Etc. etc. etc.

The only way to avoid this is to use mail encryption in Outlook together with some scheme so your boss is the only one who knows the private encryption key. Pretty hard to guarantee such privacy I'm afraid.
  •  
BrianStL

thanks very much for the info!

that was extremely helpful!
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

winkelman wrote on Mon, 11 September 2006 19:26

Nope. Mail is always readable by:
- The mail admin: (s)he could change the password of the user and thus login to the account
- The windows/linux/mac server admin: (s)he could just browse to the mail store directory where all mail is stored as seperate *.eml files and read the mail there
- The network admin: (s)he could sniff the network and thus read the messages
Etc. etc. etc.

The only way to avoid this is to use mail encryption in Outlook together with some scheme so your boss is the only one who knows the private encryption key. Pretty hard to guarantee such privacy I'm afraid.

Part of this is also aplicable to Exchange
  •  
BrianStL

Netherlands, eh?

I lived in Kerkrade for several months!

I played football with Roda J.C. in 1995...

:o)

Thanks again!
Previous Topic: Mail store on separate Xserve fileserver?
Next Topic: Kerio Webmail on IE7/Vista
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 16:08:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.